Thread: need a late 70's concert date?

Out on the Border

Default need a late 70's concert date?

my first post so I hope this is appropriate. Looking for the date of an Eagles concert in South Bend at the Notre Dame ACC somewhere between 78 and 80..those years are fuzzy...thanks

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: need a late 70's concert date?

So far I only see July 24, 1975. I'll keep searching.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

may have been long run tour

Out on the Border

Thanks btw

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I saw one guy in a forum say he went to see them at the Athletic and Convocation Hall (now Joyce) at Notre Dame on 11/16/1979. However, our Soda has that date on EOC as being in Cincinnati. I can't find any website that says the Eagles played in Northern Indiana in 1979. Sorry. Given where we know (more or less) they were around that date, I'd say it's likely that if they played there, it would have been around Nov. 1979.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I also know of one on April 27, 1974.

I do have a date listed of them playing Indiana University in Bloomington on October 12, 1979.

That doesn't mean my info is 100% correct and I know it's not comprehensive. Mistakes happen and some shows fall through the cracks.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The only time they were in South Bend was in 1975 at the Joyce ACC. I KNOW this because this is the concert I had a ticket for and my parents wouldn't let me go to it (you all know that horrible story!). It was only 2 weeks after my 12th birthday.

I do not remember them being in South Bend in 1974 tho. I'm sure I would of heard of that but then again, maybe not. I was young.

And I believe had they been here in 1979, I most likely would have been there because that would of been my first look at the new bass player I had fallen in love with by then.

ETA: Garold--- why don't they still have awesome shows like that at Notre Dame anymore, huh? I'm only 20 minutes away and would live there if they did.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

The Eagles performed on November 16, 1979 at the Notre Dame Athletic and Convocation Center, South Bend, Indiana. I was there, and photos from the concert and the date are in the 1980 Notre Dame Yearbook.

Tour concert listings showing second date in Cincinnati on this date are simply wrong.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

It would be great if they came to South Bend again. Its less than a half hour away from my house.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.