Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles" DVD, Blu-Ray, or Deluxe Edition

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Pre-Order Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles" DVD, Blu-Ray, or Deluxe Edition

The DVD and Blue Ray will be available 4/30, not 4/23 as previously stated. It can be preordered on the band's website.

http://eaglesband.com/historyoftheeaglesdvd
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

FINALLY!!!

a few things tho... wondering if it'll be shown on Canadian and International TV before this date (as I believe it was Glenn that said it would). Also for my friends outside North America hope they come out with a version for them. Finally wondering if the DVD/bluray will be available in stores on Apri 30th.. I'm going to wait a few days to pre order and see if any further info comes out.

The Deluxe Edition looks mega-cool but $225... I don't know. I'll have to think about that.

The Blu Ray and DVD are $40 and $35 respectively. Now that I have a Blu Ray, I'd get that, except I'm a bit concerned that the smaller size means the booklet won't be as nice.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah $225....I don't think so. I'm about to go back to college and ain't really looking to spend that much. I think I'll be happy with the Blu-Ray. But "New Kid in Town" live!!!! So now we know 5 out of the 8 songs from the concert. I'm wonder what the other 3 will be...

With those super-deluxe one, I don't care about all the little decorative accoutrements like the leather tie and embossed box, but I do really want to see this 40 page case-bound book which presumably contains different material from the booklet you get with the BluRay and DVD. The extra photos would be nice, too, although I wish the lithograph wasn't that skull thing. I'd much rather display a lithograph with a nice photo of our guys than a cow skull, but that's just me (and I'll be skipping the skull t-shirt add-on too).

I'll probably wind up getting it, even if it is $225.

I think folks should note that the deluxe version only comes with BluRay, so if you don't have a BluRay player, you're out of luck there.

No way I can afford $225..can't even consider it. I will be getting the DVD

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Wow, I didn't really look at the link before posting it (trying to work). You know I won't be able to resist the deluxe package with the book. No idea what I'd with the other extras. My concern is how much time it'll take to get the package. I've not had good luck getting things from official websites, Glenn's, Joe's, or even Bob Seger's.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Yeah, I'm really wary of pre-ordering from them. I'll stick with the DVDs because I know one of you will splurge and scan photos for us
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Well, I won't be scanning them in because I don't want to diminish the value, but I will let you know if there's any new photos in there or if they're all ones we've seen before. That book is going to have to be freaking awesome to justify paying almost $200 more (because that's what we all really want, the book and the photos - the other stuff is incidental to most).

You guys have a good point about the pre-order. I love our guys, but they inexplicably use largely incompetent people to run their websites and handle their online store purchases. Order after order after order has been screwed up.

ETA: Unless you want the T-shirt as well, you can also pre-order it from the much more reliable amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+the+eagles%22
    . Be aware that you probably won't get it the day of release, though.

It's exciting that the pre-order has been announced! I've been checking every day because I figured it would be coming available pretty soon. But I was looking over the options and have two questions.

First, when you begin the order process it gives you the option to add a 'promotional code'. Is anybody aware that there even IS one?

And second, WHY DON'T THEY offer a women's style T-shirt? I, for one, would spend the additional $20 for the t-shirt if it wasn't a man's shirt. I suspect the majority of people ordering are going to be female and I have to wonder how many will actually order WITH the shirt. (Soda, maybe this is a question you could put to Julie and ask her to pass it on!?!)

Anyway, I'll be submitting my preorder this weekend! (And FYI, Amazon is offering the 3-DVD set for $24.49. I've had really great luck with my pre-orders from them and received both After Hours and Analog Man ON the release dates!)
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love