Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles" DVD, Blu-Ray, or Deluxe Edition

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Pre-Order Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles" DVD, Blu-Ray, or Deluxe Edit

Received a message from Amazon.ca telling me they don't ship outside Canada. Has anyone else heard this? I might just call them and get a real person to see what's going on. Seems so many options coming from so many directions, I'm getting confused. I want the booklet but I am NOT going to go for that deluxe package.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: Pre-Order Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles" DVD, Blu-Ray, or Deluxe Edit

If they don't ship outside of Canada, why do they have a page with shipping rates to the USA? http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/custome...&nodeId=918768

I'd definitely call.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Received a message from Amazon.ca telling me they don't ship outside Canada. Has anyone else heard this? I might just call them and get a real person to see what's going on. Seems so many options coming from so many directions, I'm getting confused. I want the booklet but I am NOT going to go for that deluxe package.
    I'm not sure the booklet offered in Canada is the same as the book offered with the deluxe package? Maybe I missed something..
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers
    I'm not sure the booklet offered in Canada is the same as the book offered with the deluxe package? Maybe I missed something..
    The title of the item said that the Canadian package was a "3 DVD Deluxe with 40 page book"... what else could that be? The only difference I can see is that perhaps the Canadian one might be smaller dimension-wise, but I doubt they made two entirely different 40 page books.

The Eagles continue the long tradition of sticking it to their fans....$225? For a 40 page book...10 copied photos...and a box with decorative stuff?

If it at least had real autographs then one could think about it...

no commentary track on the blu ray?

PS:
    I highly recommend you guys buy a Blu Ray player...especially if you have a HD TV. Its night and day compared to DVD. And you can get them relatively cheap these days. My BluRay has always been a PS3 so its actually more than a bluray player...it does other things also.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    The Eagles continue the long tradition of sticking it to their fans....$225? For a 40 page book...10 copied photos...and a box with decorative stuff?

If it at least had real autographs then one could think about it...

PS:
    I highly recommend you guys buy a Blu Ray player...especially if you have a HD TV. Its night and day compared to DVD. And you can get them relatively cheap these days. My BluRay has always been a PS3 so its actually more than a bluray player...it does other things also.
    yeahh that's why i just went with the blu-ray edition. $225 is absurd

and I agree. I have a PS3 that I use as a blu-ray player too and the difference is definitely worth it!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    They missed a real chance for hilarity there. Imagine the snarkfest if they commented on the things each other said!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The title of the item said that the Canadian package was a "3 DVD Deluxe with 40 page book"... what else could that be? The only difference I can see is that perhaps the Canadian one might be smaller dimension-wise, but I doubt they made two entirely different 40 page books.

Obviously, I'm not good about reading titles! I go in and look at the details. The US Amazon site lists the extra details in the Editorial Reviews and the Canadian website does not.

The picture for the cheaper one is the same as the DVD one from Amazon US, which is DVD. The picture for the more expensive one is the same as the one from Amazon US which is Blu-Ray. The Canadian site says both are DVD, however the difference in price is about the same as the difference in price between DVD and Blu-Ray in the US.

So, I sent the Canadian site an email. This is their response. It does say at the bottom that return is free if the PACKAGING indicates you didn't get what you thought you order. So don't open it until you know for sure. I asked them why the title said 'book' but the product details did not, and asked them to verify there was a book and it wasn't a misprint.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry; I've tried researching all possible resources available to me and was unable to find the answer to your question.

Please note that as a retailer the only information we can give you about particular item is what we display on the product information page.

We know that, often, the amount of information we have may make it difficult to make a purchasing decision unless you already know something about the item. Our editorial staff is working to improve the information we provide about each item.

Please note that our Customer Service centers are not in the same location as our fulfillment centre. Amazon.ca offers hundreds of thousands of items in our own inventory, and the fulfillment center building enclose millions of square feet. In addition, our fulfillment center processes are automated and computerized.

For these reasons, we are unable to check the physical details of an item. Our information is limited to what the publishers and manufacturers supply to us; this information appears on our website.

If you need more information regarding the item, please contact the Universal Music using the link given below:

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/r.../page/contact/

However, if you decide to order the item from our site and find that, upon delivery, the item's packaging indicates that it is not the item you expected or is contrary to the information listed on our site, you may return it for a full refund.

You'll find our returns policy, instructions, and a printable return mailing label online at:

http://www.amazon.ca/returns

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. We appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon at Amazon.ca.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.ca.
    VK

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well that's as clear as mud!!

Don't know what to do!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I know, I just found it difficult to believe that Canadian Amazon isn't offering it in Blu-Ray. Maybe I didn't follow all the possible links. I did it because a friend wanted advice on what to order and I couldn't recommend the Canadian site because of the lack of information. I mean, it seems like a 40 page bound book would cost more than $15.00 more even if it was The Cat In The Hat.
    VK