Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Petmania

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Petmania

Oh gosh, we just have very different ideas of what makes a "nice" pet. Here's my idea:

Border Desperado

That be beagle looks like it would be the perfect pet for Randy! So adorable and kind.

That would work out perfectly. Tell Randy it's a package deal - he gets the beagle pup + me too

Border Desperado

Not unless I am there with y'all! I love that man!
    Anyhow, I digress You know how how you look at some people and think," If they were an animal, they would totally be ..."?

A beagle would be perfect for Randy. Not so much physically, maybe the kindness and vulnerability aspect.

Were you the Forum member who wrote about Randy some time ago, "He looks like he should own a pack of beagles"? I know what you mean. I grew up with beagles and they are sweet, but also very high energy - they love to bark and run, which might not be ideal for a 70-year old man who's been through a lot. That's why he needs me there as the beagle whisperer.

Border Desperado

Yup, that was me! Perhaps an 11 year old be beagle, although even then they can be quite boisterous.

Yes, you can be his be able whisperer, lol.

I am praying that no news in the press about him is good news, they he is healing well, and he'll be strong enough one day to handle a pack of sled dogs

A bit idealistic, but one can always hope...

There was news earlier this month, and it isn't particularly good: http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2016/0...is-psych-exam/

Now to get quickly back on topic: as I was saying, I adore beagles. But my condo association doesn't allow pets, so I have to make do with cooing over the stray cats in the area, of which there are always plenty. I don't recall what my city's official slogan is, but it well could be "City of Feral Cats."

Border Desperado

Ugh! Things have got to turn around for this man!

I am so sorry your condo doesn't allow pets. We have a Redbone Coonhound, a 19 year old tuxedo kitty with a pink nose, a crazy Siamese mix we rescued. All males and even though they didn't grow up together,they get along great!

Oh my gosh! The Redbone Coonhounds are so pretty. Maybe you could post a photo sometime? If it's not any trouble. They have a lovely color.

Border Desperado

On my Kindle now, but will be glad to post a pic of Copper when I can get to the other computer. He loves showing off his deep red coat, especially for the ladies