Thread: How's the weather?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: How's the weather?

Just imagining what Christmas in Ireland is like is giving me a warm glow

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Just imagining what Christmas in Ireland is like is giving me a warm glow
    Come down here & enjoy the 40 degree Centigrade heat.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Come down here & enjoy the 40 degree Centigrade heat.
    104 degrees F!! That is scorching. Off to the beach with you.

I've never been to Australia but it's on my bucket list. New Zealand too. I understand that a lot of Americans are moving to NZ for a better quality of life. It certainly looks inviting to a nature-lover like myself.

POURED down rain last night and this morning; temps in the high 60s. By Monday, however, we may have snow flurries. Gotta love Alabama: all four seasons in one week! LOL.

We have been having weird weather. It went from being very hot in August to complete Fall in September. We have had so much smoke this summer from all our wildfires, it seemed as though summer slipped away! Since September we have had cool weather and rain. It rained all day yesterday until about 5 am today. Then the storm they predicted hit with a smack! Snow, lot's of snow. We probably have 3 inches on the ground and it's still coming. Our temps are suppose to dip really low into the single digits. YIPEE! NOT! We literally have not seen the sun in months. No sun in the summer because of smoke and then when fall hit we get terrible inversions, well let's just say I am taking extra doses of Vitamin D because Mr. Sun isn't shining in Missoula MT. We had a nice Thanksgiving with relatives who live over on the East of the divide and we enjoyed warmer weather and sun for a few days. If you believe in the seasonal disease SAD let me tell you it's true. When the sun doesn't shine for months, one becomes very depressed. Luckily I have my family and pup's to keep me perked up a little bit. Oh and my Eagles music! My son graduated from College on the 8th of Dec. with a degree in Petroleum Engineering. Very proud of him. He will return to Grad school in Jan. for Project Management. He says that way he can be the one telling workers what to do. Ha! He's a good student and since the Petroleum field is slow, it seemed the right move for him. My daughter got hitched in August and is enjoying married life to the fullest. They are currently looking for a home to buy in the country. They already live in a very rural area, but want their own place. Hubby and I are enjoying the Empty Nest, but miss the kids always being around. Luckily they live close enough to visit often. We are planning for Hubby's retirement in about 5 years. So we are also house hunting on the East side of the divide where his parents live and where we were raised. The city we live in has gotten too big for our liking. It will be further from our daughter which is a bummer, but we've lived here 26 years and have seen this town go from a nice regular sized city for MT to a huge city with a lot of change.
    My greatest highlight this past fall was receiving a autographed hardback copy of Eagles Take it to the Limit from Randy Meisner. He has a old neighbor, who has become my friend and she told him all about my FB page for him. He was so thrilled he wanted to gift me something. I'll just say, it was the greatest honor to receive a personal book of Randy's with his autograph. I can say he is doing well and is fairly healthy. I am so happy for him.
    Well all caught up for now. Everyone enjoy the holidays, family and friends.
    Peace and Love to All. DJ

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Wow, DJ, all that weather is definitely enough to make some one sad and depressed, especially all those fires. Congratulations to your son on his graduation and on the marriage of your daughter. Good luck on your move. We moved from a larger city to a much smaller town before my kids started school and love it. Now my youngest is in college, I can definitely say the country life has agreed with us. What an awesome gift to receive from Randy, I would treasure it forever. How cool. So great to hear that he is doing good. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    My greatest highlight this past fall was receiving a autographed hardback copy of Eagles Take it to the Limit from Randy Meisner. He has a old neighbor, who has become my friend and she told him all about my FB page for him. He was so thrilled he wanted to gift me something. I'll just say, it was the greatest honor to receive a personal book of Randy's with his autograph. I can say he is doing well and is fairly healthy. I am so happy for him.
    Well all caught up for now. Everyone enjoy the holidays, family and friends.
    Peace and Love to All. DJ
    Wow, DJ, that is so awesome! It’s gratifying that Randy knows he has at least one FB fan page and lots of fans who still care about him.

Good luck with your move. We recently moved to a smaller town and are still getting adjusted but we really like it.

Today is a beautiful sunny day in the low 70s, a relief from the cold wet rain we’ve been getting lately.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Desperado

DJ, I totally get where you are coming from with the lack of sun. I lived in Portland, OR for a year and a half and if I never go back to visit again I will be more than okay with it. Congratulations on your son and daughter! You must be so proud.
    What an honor to receive a personalized gift from Randy. I'm sure he doesn't just randomly hand those out so that really is special. I am not on FB, but your page must be very tasteful and respectful of Randy and his family, which I am sure he truly appreciates.
    Best of luck with your move. Wishing you and all borderers a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Stuck on the Border

DJ - Congratulations to your son on his graduation and on the marriage of your daughter.You must be so proud of them. Good luck on your move.
    Wow, that really is crazy weather.

Our weather has been in the 40's -normal temps for December here. It snowed 1" last Saturday and was melted by Monday. Tomorrow is supposed to be 51 - which is warm for this time of year. Christmas temps are also supposed to be above normal too.
    DJ - That is so cool you got an autographed book from Randy. I'm on FB, what is the title of Randy's FB page you run ?

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

Woke up this morning to -37. It's warming up to a wonderful -30!