Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1130

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi ETG ! Here in NJ/NY metro area if kids miss school due to bad weather they can take it from their Easter vacation/spring break or add days on at the end of the year. One year my poor nephew went until June 30th, which is the last day they can extend the school year. Yesterday we had a mix of snow, sleet and rain. I got one inch of snow. Today will be in the 40's but feel colder due to the windchill factor.
    Wow, that is a lot of school to make up! I think the most days mine ever made up was 5, that was all that was missed, and that went into the first week of June.

Temps here have been up and down, currently a cloudy 69*.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yip, water everywhere now and a big warm up, 56* Woo hoo!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yes they will have to make up at least 10 days. There is talk that they will be forgiven for the rest, but I'm not betting on it. They will find out tomorrow how many and what the makeup days will be. In the past they used holidays like MLK day, Presidents Day and Easter break but they are talking about just adding to the end because they were going to get out so early (May 10th) this year anyway.

Hopefully the county roads are thawing today so they will be back to school tomorrow. Our main problem is the ice packed county roads that the busses can't get around on. Hey, it's made it over freezing! 37*!!!! Heatwave!
    Hopefully they will only have to make up those 10 days. Gee, that's a way early release date by our standards, the earliest ours have ever gotten out is Memorial Day weekend.

Since we normally do not get snow that actually sticks around down here, we usually get ice instead, some people have no idea how to drive on it. So its usually best to stay home and off the roads until it thaws out, which takes just a day or two. I'll send some of our warmth today your way, we are now up to 74*. It's crazy.

Today it was almost 60 degrees.

The weather cannot make up it's mind!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Tell me about it! Yesterday, it was a beautiful sunny 69° - and today 39° ... nope, that's not a typo. It's been raining all day and supposed to change over to snow this afternoon.

CRAZY!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Back to winter! 2-4 inches of snow tonight with a glazing of ice. I'm sure school will be out again tomorrow!

This never happens here! Usually you get snow one day and it melts off the next day or two. This year it stays and stays and stays to the point of ridiculous!

It snowed last night. But now it's raining, so everything is a 2" slushy mess. Woke up to no power this morning, but it wasn't the weather's fault. Someone hit a pole a mile or so away. (Okay, so maybe the weather had a part; the car slid off the road into the pole.) There is nothing in our house when there is no power: no lights, no phones (yes, we still have a landline, although I have a cell), no heat, no water. Yes, it was absolutely so much fun getting ready this morning. I am actually wearing the same thing I wore on Monday because I knew where the complete outfit was. (Not that I think any of the guys at work will notice.) We do have power at work, and it's supposed to come on at home about 10am (went off about 5:30am).

Hope you get power back soon, CA! I hate losing power!

We lucked out and only got an inch of snow, but ice on top. Roads were horrible coming to work. No school.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Hope you get power back soon, CA! I hate losing power!
    My husband messaged me that the power came back on a little after 8am. Yay! Can I go home and get my lost sleep back?

Stuck on the Border

I agree with everyone - this weather has been crazy ! Yesterday I got about 2 inches of snow during the day. It changed to rain and poured all night long. Today is 50 degrees, and it is supposed to be in the high 40's and 50's for the next week.

CA - Glad you got your power back on !