Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1130

Thread: How's the weather?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: How's the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

GA - My silly question for the day ! Does Ireland have snow plows ? How much snow do you get in the winter ? Thanks !
    Ok where I live in Dublin is lowland so we really don't get much at all. A dusting maybe. A couple of inches would be 'significant' but only if it 'sticks'. We had nothing last winter or the winter before. In winter 2017-2018 we had storm Emma which dumped more snow on us than we'd seen in about a decade but thats unusual. It shut the country down for about 10 days!
    The North and west and the mountains get a but more.
    The main city councils would have snow ploughs but they don't get a lot of use! We don't do snow tyres or anything like that. Snow is too rare!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Speaking of snow, we're having it today! It's not accumulating because the ground is too warm, but it's been snowing lightly all day. Pretty early for snow for us in Missouri, although it snowed on Halloween last year about an inch.

Not ready for cold and dreary. The trees have been pretty but it has been mostly cloudy for several days so you can't really tell how pretty they are.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh I love snow - its lovely and autumnal here this week but I'm locked in the house until I'm done with the covid -19 dose which won't be until Saturday! I hope it stays nice so I can get a few walks in at the weekend.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I am a summer gal. Love being outside feeling the sun, going to the beach, etc. I just wish it wasn’t so humid in CT. Would love to move somewhere dryer but then I’d miss the ocean. My second fave is fall. The foliage is beautiful, the air is crisp, but bearable and the deer are more out and about in my yard (I dig watching them). And I love pumpkin flavored everything so bring it on! Spring is a distant third. It’s just extended winter, so it seems and then rainy chilly yuck. And winter is so distant it doesn’t register on the list. While the snow is beautiful and even the ice on the trees is pretty, i just can’t get warm and I just hate being inside all the time. I think this week will end with rain as well NKIT, but the weather peeps love to talk snow so who knows.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    I am a summer gal. Love being outside feeling the sun, going to the beach, etc. I just wish it wasn’t so humid in CT. Would love to move somewhere dryer but then I’d miss the ocean. My second fave is fall. The foliage is beautiful, the air is crisp, but bearable and the deer are more out and about in my yard (I dig watching them). And I love pumpkin flavored everything so bring it on! Spring is a distant third. It’s just extended winter, so it seems and then rainy chilly yuck. And winter is so distant it doesn’t register on the list. While the snow is beautiful and even the ice on the trees is pretty, i just can’t get warm and I just hate being inside all the time. I think this week will end with rain as well NKIT, but the weather peeps love to talk snow so who knows.
    I agree with you, spring just gets long waiting for the warmth of summer.

I get a kick out of the weather peeps. They are almost gleeful when something bad is coming, such as a hurricane or snowstorm!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Ok where I live in Dublin is lowland so we really don't get much at all. A dusting maybe. A couple of inches would be 'significant' but only if it 'sticks'. We had nothing last winter or the winter before. In winter 2017-2018 we had storm Emma which dumped more snow on us than we'd seen in about a decade but thats unusual. It shut the country down for about 10 days!
    The North and west and the mountains get a but more.
    The main city councils would have snow ploughs but they don't get a lot of use! We don't do snow tyres or anything like that. Snow is too rare!!
    Thanks GA ! Hope you and your family are staying well.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Georgia weather in December is unpredictable. It's very common to go from shorts and t-shirts weather (70s-80s) to some of the coldest temperatures Georgia will get for a winter season. Just the week before last, we went from highs near 80 to a high of 45, practically overnight (the low the following night dropped to 25). For now, the weather seems to have calmed, with the next seven days having lows around 40 and highs in the low-mid 60s. I enjoy cooler weather, and this is my ideal weather- warm enough to enjoy the outdoors and to not make my joints hurt, but cold enough for there not to be any gnats or mosquitoes.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

We had a Nor'easter yesterday into today(ended about 8am) ! I got around 8 inches of snow. This is the first big storm in at least two years. Last year I only had an inch of snow all winter long. My two sisters who live in So. Jersey just had rain the whole time. My one sister who lives at the shore said they had appx. 40 mph winds and massive waves - 4 to 7 feet, which is huge for this area. It has been cold and sunny since this morning and supposed to be the same tomorrow. Winter has arrived !

Hey NKIT, ya first snow it was so windy!! Hard to know exactly what we got my front steps area was up to my knees but else where not so much. But soooo cold. Hard work too! Looking forward to summer. I have a way to go since it just started

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Hey NKIT, ya first snow it was so windy!! Hard to know exactly what we got my front steps area was up to my knees but else where not so much. But soooo cold. Hard work too! Looking forward to summer. I have a way to go since it just started
    Hi KW ! How ya doing ? It was very cold at night the last couple of days here too. Today is supposed to be a high of 33-35 and tomorrow is supposed to be 39-40 with slight rain. It is supposed to be 50 degrees on Christmas day !! I saw on the news last week that they daid Jan. & Feb. are supposed be wet and warmer than normal. Guess we will see... Summer is a long way off, hopefully by than most people will have been able to get the vaccine and can really be able to enjoy the summer.