Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: How's the weather?

Very mild here in Dublin. It has been unusually mild this Christmas - didn't even need to put the heating on and I can already see the grass starting to grow again. With Midwinters day being last week I dare to hope that we might slide gracefully into spring!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Well, we(N.J.) officially broke the record for total precipitation for 2018. We had a total of 64.89 inches as of Dec. 28th. That does not include the deluge New Years Eve. Most of it was rain, rain, and more rain. It was 58 degrees New Years Day. Today is supposed to be a high of 38 degree - pretty normal for January.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

NKIT - I wouldn't be surprise if we didn't break the record for rainfall in 2018 either. I'll have to check when I have more time.

And on the other hand, yesterday (New Year's Day) it was a balmy 68° here. I had my family over for dinner and it got so warm in the kitchen after all the cooking that I thought I was going to have to turn on the air conditioner. But, we made it through by opening the windows and back door and turning on the ceiling fan. Today, it's back to reality - currently 47° and heat pump running.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

It's pouring rain here in the redwoods of the Santa Cruz (California) Mountains. It has been all day. So glad we both have the day off..and I have a pot of chili on the stove. IMG_20181220_100130.jpg

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

55 F yesterday and 60 F today! Wonderful January thaw for us Missourians! Walking outdoors when I get home!

And keep your rain MJ! We are overflowing everywhere around here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Almost 60 degree weather earlier in the week. Anywhere between 1" and 5" of snow predicted for the weekend. Ohio weather, if you don't like what it's doing right now, wait 5 minutes... it'll change.

Stuck on the Border

Cold here too. Only supposed to be a high of 32 degrees today and 31 degrees tomorrow. We are supposed to get a "dusting to one inch". The heavy snow is supposed to stay south and hit Baltimore and DC. It was warmer than normal earlier in the week.

We got a total of 8.5" of snow. Most snow in this area since 2013. We were out today, though, and the roads aren't bad. It's a heavy snow, so we got the driveway plowed out (haven't had to do this in years). Hubby and I both have 4WD vehicles, but we also get regular deliveries, so hence the plowing.

Stuck on the Border

We received a slight dusting of snow early this morning. It melted an hour later. It is cold today - supposed to be a high of 31 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be 32 degrees. The weather pattern seems to be a little warmer than normal or cold.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

About 11 inches of snow here in Missouri Friday night in to Saturday! Most we've had for several years! Hubby got to blade with his tractor for the first time since we became "farmers"!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten