Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1072

Thread: How's the weather?

  1. #1001
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,762

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    10 freaking degrees. I HATE winter...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the (real) Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016


  2. #1002
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    Austin, how was your vacation ? The weather has been crazy here. Last week it reached a high of 61 degrees and was in the 50's for the most part. The week before we had the Artic temps with it only getting to a high of 23 all week. Tonight there is a chance of a dusting of snow. Saturday and today are cold and windy. Later in the week it is supposed to warm up to the 50's again. Global warming is here to stay.

  3. #1003
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,377

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    We got an inch of snow in two hours yesterday. It's been above freezing all day. Supposed to be in the fifties tomorrow. Then another temperature drop. I understand that Mother Nature likes variety, but this "all four seasons in one week" stuff has got to go!

  4. #1004
    Out on the Border Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    It's cloudy & rainy here in Southwestern North Carolina. And the rain is making my arthritis act up.

  5. #1005
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,762

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Austin, how was your vacation ? The weather has been crazy here. Last week it reached a high of 61 degrees and was in the 50's for the most part. The week before we had the Artic temps with it only getting to a high of 23 all week. Tonight there is a chance of a dusting of snow. Saturday and today are cold and windy. Later in the week it is supposed to warm up to the 50's again. Global warming is here to stay.
    It was short, but very nice! Got some sun, shopped a bit, lounged around a lot, and ate out about every night! It was much needed, and really was a nice getaway.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the (real) Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016


  6. #1006
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    21,370

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    We had another round of icing and sleet overnight. Another day of school missed here and surrounding area in the boondocks of Missouri! That makes 17 days missed since January 1st! Never heard of that here before and I'm 62 years old! We've always had snow and ice but not constantly every day! It rained most of the day yesterday which was helping to melt the ice off and then it got cold enough last night to turn it back to ice! And, we will probably miss again tomorrow because the low tonight is to be 17*! No way for the roads to get any better until it warms up, which it is supposed to get to 44* later tomorrow!

    Mother Nature has lost her marbles here! It's crazy!

    Austin, your vacation sounds heavenly!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

  7. #1007
    Border Rebel East Texas Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    We had another round of icing and sleet overnight. Another day of school missed here and surrounding area in the boondocks of Missouri! That makes 17 days missed since January 1st! Never heard of that here before and I'm 62 years old! We've always had snow and ice but not constantly every day! It rained most of the day yesterday which was helping to melt the ice off and then it got cold enough last night to turn it back to ice! And, we will probably miss again tomorrow because the low tonight is to be 17*! No way for the roads to get any better until it warms up, which it is supposed to get to 44* later tomorrow!

    Mother Nature has lost her marbles here! It's crazy!

    Austin, your vacation sounds heavenly!
    Brooke, do the kiddos there have to make up all the bad weather days? In my kids school district in Texas if school was out for bad weather, which is very few if any, they had to make up the days missed. Which usually meant the last day of school was extended into summer vacation until all days were made up. Just curious if other states/schools did this?

  8. #1008
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,762

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    There have been a lot of school closings here too...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the (real) Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016


  9. #1009
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    Hi ETG ! Here in NJ/NY metro area if kids miss school due to bad weather they can take it from their Easter vacation/spring break or add days on at the end of the year. One year my poor nephew went until June 30th, which is the last day they can extend the school year. Yesterday we had a mix of snow, sleet and rain. I got one inch of snow. Today will be in the 40's but feel colder due to the windchill factor.

  10. #1010
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    21,370

    Default Re: How's the weather?

    Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Brooke, do the kiddos there have to make up all the bad weather days? In my kids school district in Texas if school was out for bad weather, which is very few if any, they had to make up the days missed. Which usually meant the last day of school was extended into summer vacation until all days were made up. Just curious if other states/schools did this?
    Yes they will have to make up at least 10 days. There is talk that they will be forgiven for the rest, but I'm not betting on it. They will find out tomorrow how many and what the makeup days will be. In the past they used holidays like MLK day, Presidents Day and Easter break but they are talking about just adding to the end because they were going to get out so early (May 10th) this year anyway.

    Hopefully the county roads are thawing today so they will be back to school tomorrow. Our main problem is the ice packed county roads that the busses can't get around on. Hey, it's made it over freezing! 37*!!!! Heatwave!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •