Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1130

Thread: How's the weather?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: How's the weather?

Our weather here in MO sucks! Saturday morning we had frost, freeze and 30 degrees! 40's during the day. Sunday the wind blew like a tornado all day, 55 degrees, but so darn cold! My grandma always said wait till Mother's Day to plant tomatoes so we went ahead and planted in the cold! We also put cages and plastic around them and covered the tops because a frost was predicted for Monday morning. I also planted lots of annual flowers and then took them to the garage for the night. It got down to 34 yesterday morning but they are all ok.

It is FINALLY supposed to warm up to more normal 70ish temps later this week. With rain every day!

SUMMER, COME QUICKLY, PLEASE!!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke,I follow your grandmas advice as well. Always waited until after Mother’s Day for planting. Please warm up it’s May and I’m still in sweaters, and turning on the heat

Well....weather yikes!! Yesterday’s was B A D. I heard New York had it worse, but my town looks like it did when we had the tornado. Trees down everywhere. 2 of ours snapped at the tops luckily fell into the woods. It took me so long to get to work because roads are closed all over. Power is out, luckily we have a generator. Can 2020 be done with, I’m afraid to see what next

Yikes, stay safe, KW! Luckily we don't get hurricanes here, thank goodness! We don't have that beautiful ocean either!

We are having lovely, fallish weather here in MO (70's during the day, 50's at night) after a terribly hot week last week.

The heat is coming back this weekend though!

Well weather was nicer today, Brooke, yours sounds sweet! we just got power back Friday morning. Whew. A lot are still without power though. So WiFi only when generator was running and apparently cell towers affected because I can’t stream anything while driving....so I have to listen to actual radio! Tsk! Tsk!

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

It`s cooler here thankfully, i prefer it cool than hot

Insufferable hotness and humidity here this week. Ugh! Cooling to the 80s on the weekend.

Soda, doesn't your parents live in Beaumont, Texas? And HB, Houston? And anyone else here that lives nearby! Looks like Hurricane Laura is going to pay you a visit tonight. Be safe!!!

Hurricane Laura is now a Cat. 4 storm with extreme destructive potential. I worry about my hometown outside Beaumont, and all those poor folks who have suffered terribly over the last few years from Rita, Ike, Harvey and Imelda. Everyone along the Texas/Louisiana coast needs our prayers. Heck, I'm 200 miles inland, and they are forecasting tropical storm or worse conditions, with possible tornadoes to boot! A big fear is damage from all the tall trees in its inland path of the piney woods area.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Hoping everyone is ok that was in the path of recent storms. Prayers

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

We are getting the remnants of Laura here in Virginia as I am typing this, but it's almost a non-event compared to what others have gone through. It will soon be out in the Atlantic Ocean and, hopefully, be gone for good by this evening.

BTW Brooke - I know Soda lived in Beaumont some during her childhood, but I can't remember exactly when. Her parents now live in Houston.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016