Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: How's the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I can't imagine coping with temperatures above 80 F. How do you get anything done?

Here, daytime temperature are in the mid 60s F with a few showers of rain and a glimpse of sun. It doesn't make much difference to me as I'm shut indoors with the windows closed. The grass pollen count is very high and I'm not risking the great outdoors. I'm so thankful for corticosteroids which make life bearable. My son came home from London a couple of days ago and was unprepared - and he's now bunged up and miserable. Generally, I like our temperate climate and that the grass stays green all year round, but this is the downside.
    You sweat! My hubby is a carpenter and has worked outside all his life. I don't know how he does it. My son is a UPS driver and their trucks aren't air conditioned and barely heated. You just deal with it. My husband told me the other day when I left for work to enjoy my air conditioned office! I do feel bad for them on these horrible days.

Sorry to hear you have bad allergies. My son has them too and I know it's not fun.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0E9urVs-2o[/ame]

I can't get this video, but I get your point- it's hot here, too, and getting hotter.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Yes, the British Summer has arrived. The temperature is on the low 30s which would probably seem like "pleasantly warm" to most of you but for we British, this is HOT!!! We should be back to normal temperatures and a resumption of showers by the end of the week. There's a nice breeze today and apparently, the winds have shifted from southerly to south-westerly which means they are coming in over the Atlantic rather than continental Europe and that means cooler, moist air.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The usual, highs in the 90s and lows in the 70s, with thunderstorms every afternoon.

I feel for the Midwest, which is going through a bad heat wave.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Generally, I like our temperate climate and that the grass stays green all year round, but this is the downside.
    One thing I've noticed in England is that the color (colour) of the flowers is so vibrant and rich - it seems to have a special quality that I haven't seen anywhere else. Do you know what I mean or am I talking nonsense again?

LuvTim, I sympathize with you; I saw the weather map this morning with scorching temps all through the midwestern plains and down to Texas. Stay cool and work on what you'll say when you meet Tim [I'm putting that out to the Universe for you. You're welcome ]

Stuck on the Border

Almost the only colour in our garden is green. The deer eat everything else.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Horribly hot here these days! Right now it's 82 and feels like 90 with the humidity. I can't imagine it being worse! Thank God for Ac!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    One thing I've noticed in England is that the color (colour) of the flowers is so vibrant and rich - it seems to have a special quality that I haven't seen anywhere else. Do you know what I mean or am I talking nonsense again?

LuvTim, I sympathize with you; I saw the weather map this morning with scorching temps all through the midwestern plains and down to Texas. Stay cool and work on what you'll say when you meet Tim [I'm putting that out to the Universe for you. You're welcome ]
    OMG...LOL....Thank you!
    Last edited by LuvTim; 07-21-2016 at 07:23 AM.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm ready for fall to get here. I'm tired of the humidity.

There's a tropical storm heading my way. Right now, it's still a tropical depression, but it'll be upgraded soon. It's strengthening in the Gulf of Mexico. NOAA says it'll make landfall sometime tomorrow somewhere along the Big Bend of Florida, which is to the east of here. My area will get 2-5 inches of rain and topical force winds,(40-50 mph) from tomorrow afternoon until Friday morning.

My American Government professor decided to cancel tomorrow afternoon's class because it'll end at about the same time as the start of the impact.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time