Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy St Patricks Day!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Happy St Patricks Day!

From your Irish Border Representative, let me wish you all a very

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!!!!!

If you celebrate it at all, have a wonderful day!

I wanted to post an image from Photobucket, but it now won't even let me in!

So you all have to imagine shamrocks, leprechauns, green guinness and crocks of gold.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Happy St Patricks Day!

And to you GA. I'm sitting here wearing my Ireland football jersey & my shamrock pendant & will be consuming some Guinness this evening.

I have a playlist at the moment & was lucky enough to get the Pogues' classic Irish Diaspora song Thousands Are Sailing earlier.

(As I do every year I made sure I put all the Dublin magnets you sent me on the fridge).

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone as well. Right now I'm wearing my green short sleeve shirt and will be playing Celtic Woman here soon. I love that band. I will be celebrating it at work as well. LOL wearing all the green stuff that I can find in my room. I love the colour green. I hope everyone has fun on this amazing day.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Happy St. Patrick's Day from this Irish/Welsh/German/Native American(?) Mutt!!!!

I've got a bit of Irish in me too - in fact "kern" is an Anglicization of the Gaelic word for soldier. Still, I doubt I'll do more than "wear the green"!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Maythe luck of the Irish be with you!

I have some Irish blood in me as well, and may celebrate by watching Glenn's Live in Dublin concert this afternoon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

and special wishes to Mr.O'Schmit, Mr.O'Henley, Mr.O'Frey and Mr. O'Walsh!!!

So, GA, how do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day over in Ireland? I don't like beer (even Guinness) and have no wish to go out and get drunk on Irish whiskey, but here in America, it seems like that's what's considered "celebrating St. Patrick's day" other than wearing green!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hope everyone had a lovely St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry to say I didn't do anything to celebrate! I am drinking my morning coffee out of a green and white coffee cup with a shamrock on it though!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So, GA, how do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day over in Ireland? I don't like beer (even Guinness) and have no wish to go out and get drunk on Irish whiskey, but here in America, it seems like that's what's considered "celebrating St. Patrick's day" other than wearing green!

Well most people will wear green shirts, hats, specs and other accessories and will head to their nearest local St Patrick's Day parade. Then adjourn to a pub or bar somewhere and drink and listen to irish traditional music. We didn't do the parade this year as both Chris and I have had awful chest infections and it was snowing all morning. But its also a Holy Day and Laura was doing Irish dancing at Mass. By the time it was over it would have been too late to go into town. All the good viewing points would have been taken (many by our very welcome American visitors). So we cheated and watched it on TV instead. But later Laura and myself went into the Concert Hall with a colleague of mine to see my favourite Trad band - Stockton's Wing (google them.... theyre good) do a reunion gig! It was really good! The icing on my Paddy's Day cake was watching Glenn 's Dublin DVD later that evening with Soda online when we got home! It was a bit impromptu which was why we didn't post that we were doing it.

Thanks for all the wishes and I'm delighted so many Borderers have some Irish roots, and that everyone was able to celebrate in their own way.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP