Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Honestly, can't we all just get along?!?!?!? It's starting to get almost stressful to read some of these threads anymore. Life's just too short for this kind of arguing and bickering over things, that in the grand scheme of things in life, really aren't all that important.

Sorry, but just my opinion and I felt like I needed to give it right about now.
    I agree with you, and I wish it were that simple cause, personally, I think it’s a lot more fun to post on the board when there isn’t so much negativity. Getting along with one another doesn’t have to translate into everyone agreeing about everything. I remember a time when that was the case, but then, there are some members who have come along that intentionally or unintentionally stir the wind. It can be tiresome and frustrating dealing with these issues, for sure. IMO, they are best dealt with privately, but that’s very hard to control if others want to respond. But, as a certain long-haired bass player once sang, we’ll ‘keep on tryin’! Since this has been discussed ad nauseam in the past, I’m really hoping this thread doesn’t get hijacked to rehash the same ole same ole.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Hi guys. I see not too much has changed here.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts in this thread yet, so sorry if this view has already been posted, but I think that since the Eagles were up and coming (along with the SoCal rock movement) in the early seventies, there became a natural divide between some folks who were into the rockers (The Stones, etc...) and the folks who liked folk and folk rock - soft rock, if you will. It certainly wasn't a huge split, but enough to be featured in the cab scene of TBL. In other words, some fans of rock couldn't stand the easy sounding rock which became the sound of the Eagles, Jackson Browne, JD Souther, and others.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.