Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Default Re: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

OutlawManNJ, am I accurately paraphrasing your argument when I say that you believe the Eagles get hated on because they do ballads in addition to rock songs, and this makes rock'n'roll fans angry?

If so, there must be a lot of angry folks out there, as I can't think of one rock band - even a "heavy metal" band like Metallica - that doesn't do some ballads.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

If doing ballads takes away from being a rock n roll band then why are The Beatles considered a rock band? They did ballads, dabbled in Indian music, and pop. Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Wilco, etc all do ballads but are considered some type of rock. Why shouldn't the Eagles be?

I guess then the best thing to do is ask people that hate the eagles why they hate them. We can guess all day but the best thing would be to ask those that hate them. Maybe a google search could also help figure it out. But next time the topic comes up with friends or coworkers ask them why the hate or dislike the eagles and post here the results.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    I never said i didnt like the ballads. The topic here is not what I like but why we think some people hate the eagles. My opinion is that people (not i) hate the eagles because they appeared to be a rock band but kept releasing ballad after ballad. The country aspect also didnt help with the haters.
    OK! You had me worried! I guess these people just hate and look for any excuse as a reason. I guess if a person's idea of rock and roll is AC/DC they might find the Eagles to be a little soft. All rock bands had rock ballads, but yeah, the Eagles had other influences. Country, R&B, you name it. I do know that looking at who all is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you can't tell what exactly Rock and Roll might be.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    I guess then the best thing to do is ask people that hate the eagles why they hate them. We can guess all day but the best thing would be to ask those that hate them. Maybe a google search could also help figure it out. But next time the topic comes up with friends or coworkers ask them why the hate or dislike the eagles and post here the results.
    To be honest, none of my friends, family, or co-workers hate the Eagles. At this point, even if they did, none of them would actually say that to me!
    VK

I think that On The Border is the album that showcases their influences. It has rock, bluegrass, funk, country, and a ballad.

Did a little google and this guy list 10
    Reasons to hate the eagles and also 10 readons to love them http://m.voices.yahoo.com/the-top-te...t-2523128.html

Stuck on the Border

So, uh, where are the ten reasons to love them?

A lot of that stuff is petty jealousy & hardly mentions 'too many ballads'. Also, as has been said time & time again on this board, one person's opinion is just that - the opinion of one person. How that is supposed to represent what huge numbers of people think is beyond me.

Oh, and the only new song on HFO where none of the Eagles have a wrting credit is Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Thanks for digging that up, OMNJ. I think I remember reading it a long time ago. I agree with his reasons for loving them, but I especially liked #10, OOTN and what he had to say there. It kind of goes along with what I've been trying to say in this thread.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    So, uh, where are the ten reasons to love them?

A lot of that stuff is petty jealousy & hardly mentions 'too many ballads'.

Oh, and the only new song on HFO where none of the Eagles have a wrting credit is Love Will Keep Us Alive.
    http://m.voices.yahoo.com/ten-reason...e-2525398.html