Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Default Re: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    The music is truly the only thing that is really important anyway, in the grand scheme of things. . . if the music is good, that should be the bare minimum of what it takes for someone to like a band in the first place.
    This is very true for me, because in that regard I am very close to the bare minimum. I still call myself a "fan" without embarrassment though, and will defend the music of theirs that I like from anyone

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think people do know why. If you look at the YouTube videos where the audio is taken down....look at the comments people write about it...
    Even the videos where there is still audio, there are lots of comments about the so-called "greed" of the Eagles.

Twitter really doesn't reflect what's going on at YouTube. Every band is on YouTube, going back even to the 60's. People write comments about how the Eagles, or Henley, or "their people" take down the videos.
    I'm talking about the tweets on Twitter where people actually mention a video or song and wonder they can't see it. I'm sorry if you think these people are lying when they tweet they don't know why they can't find a video. The whole world must know that the Eagles are the only band on the planet who are too stupid to give their music away for free.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm talking about the tweets on Twitter where people actually mention a video or song and wonder they they can't see it. I'm sorry if you think these are lying when they tweet they don't know why they can't find a video. The whole world must know that the Eagles are the only band on the planet who are too stupid to give their music away for free.
    I do searches on twitter about the Eagles also, & frankly, I really don't find that many. I'm not saying anyone is lying....I just don't see many tweets about the Eagles at all.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

I do searches on twitter about the Eagles also, & frankly, I really don't find that many. I'm not saying anyone is lying....I just don't see many tweets about the Eagles at all.
    Tell me about it! Every time I search for someone talking about them on there, 99% of the results are somebody talking about the Eagles football team! lol

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

You need to do the '-' and remove most of that. I have several saved search criteria for the Eagles to try and avoid that, but most of what I see is when I search on Don. He gets at least 175 tweets a day, and occasionally a few of them comment on the lack of videos.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    You need to do the '-' and remove most of that. I have several saved search criteria for the Eagles to try and avoid that, but most of what I see is when I search on Don. He gets at least 175 tweets a day, and occasionally a few of them comment on the lack of videos.
    I use Tweetdeck, not the actual Twitter site, and I don't know how to alter the results I get. I am laughing so hard right now, I just did a search for Randy Meisner and saw this tweet:

Ask for the "Joyce DeWitt" “: Do you know where I can get a Randy Meisner wig?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think the hard feelings come in when people click on a link to watch an Eagles video and see a takedown message instead. "Cass County Music" became infamous for this and to this day, the phrase is associated with aggressive YouTube purges amongst many regular YouTube users.
    For sure!
    ~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    No matter what people's reasons/excuses are for not liking the band, I still would tell them before they form an opinion, they should listen to all their albums, in their entirety. The music is truly the only thing that is really important anyway, in the grand scheme of things. I am 99% sure that if these Eagles haters really gave all their music a chance, they would change their mind. I don't even form opinions on bands until I can call myself informed of all their music.

And yeah so maybe they have drama and fights and people being treated unfairly or not, prices too high for tickets, etc. but what band doesn't go through that at some point? Every band has some type of drama behind the scenes or moments where they appear to be greedy. Bands are like families and like corporations, you are going to have problems, but if the music is good, that should be the bare minimum of what it takes for someone to like a band in the first place.
    I think a lot of people DO like the music, but maybe don't like the Eagles as a band for the reasons mentioned. If a band does things that people don't like , like take down all the videos, or feel they cannot afford to go see the concerts, then maybe say they "Can't stand the Eagles" but I don't really think it's the music they are really talking about....It's unfortunately the "Guys" that they don't like....Sad, but I do think that is what they are saying~ that they don't like them, as people, or like the things they do or stand for....They feel, why should I support this band????

I think a lot of people DO like the music, but maybe don't like the Eagles as a band for the reasons mentioned. If a band does things that people don't like , like take down all the videos, or feel they cannot afford to go see the concerts, then maybe say they "Can't stand the Eagles" but I don't really think it's the music they are really talking about....It's unfortunately the "Guys" that they don't like....Sad, but I do think that is what they are saying~ that they don't like them, as people, or like the things they do or stand for....They feel, why should I support this band????
    Love the art, not the artist

Here is my take on why there are "Eagle Haters" out there. I don't think it has as much to do with the "cool" factor as it has to do with the "money" factor.

I do believe that the Eagles were the first band to bring concert tickets OVER the $100. level. I think during HFO era...not 100% positive about that, but I believe I have read that someplace.....After the Eagles did it, many other bands followed & now, most concerts are almost always Over $100. ( I mean for the best seats) , but actually some even have crappy seats at over $100.
    Many fans were angered by this & have found concerts out of their budget. I guess in 1994, $100. was a lot for a concert ticket.

The other factor is the "YouTube" issue with most of the Eagle songs being taken down.This has also caused some to "hate" the Eagles & think they are all about the money.

The only other issue I have seen some post hateful comments about is the firing of Don Felder...This has also caused some to turn against them, thinking that Felder was treated unfairly.
    I do believe that these issues have turned some former fans off to them.
    Nah that may have added a few angered fans that realized the eagles were over the top money hungry but the eagle haters existed well before the hell frezzes over 100 plus dollar tickets. Im still and eagles fan but i have to admit that in 94 when they pointed me out of a crowd and demanded i hand over my film that did ruin alot the image i had of the band. With them making millions per show they were worried about a fan taking pics. As a fan my issue w the eagles is greed. But haters are differnt. They dont care about that. They just dont like the music and maybe the personalities in the band. And as insaid that was well before youtube or ticket prices.