Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Default Re: I think the Eagles are actually underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Nah that may have added a few angered fans that realized the eagles were over the top money hungry but the eagle haters existed well before the hell frezzes over 100 plus dollar tickets. Im still and eagles fan but i have to admit that in 94 when they pointed me out of a crowd and demanded i hand over my film that did ruin alot the image i had of the band. With them making millions per show they were worried about a fan taking pics. As a fan my issue w the eagles is greed. But haters are differnt. They dont care about that. They just dont like the music and maybe the personalities in the band. And as insaid that was well before youtube or ticket prices.
    Good point, there have always been haters.
    ~Sara

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I think you are right on with your post OMNJ. The haters go back to the early to mid-70's ... they're the ones that thought it wasn't cool to like the Eagles cause they didn't think they rocked hard enough.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The Eagles were never known as hard core rockers. They were always on the mellow side, even with Joe & Felder...I don't think the haters go back to the 70's...I think it was more after HFO, but that's just my opinion.

In the 70's Frey had a bad rap, at least here in NY, but I still don't think there were a lot of Eagle Haters back then. There was a lot of that mellow sound out there in the 70's. It came down to the greed, & that really didn't start until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    The Eagles were never known as hard core rockers. They were always on the mellow side, even with Joe & Felder...I don't think the haters go back to the 70's...I think it was more after HFO, but that's just my opinion.

In the 70's Frey had a bad rap, at least here in NY, but I still don't think there were a lot of Eagle Haters back then. There was a lot of that mellow sound out there in the 70's. It came down to the greed, & that really didn't start until later.
    what do you mean "Frey had a bad rap"???

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TK - With all due respect, you come across as very condescending the way you dispute what others here have posted without citing any facts to back up your post. Eagles haters go back to the 70's for the reasons some of us have stated here and all of them got a 'bad rap' at times back then. This is not something that is a matter of opinion, it is verifiable fact. But, you don't have to take our word for this, you can do some research for yourself. I would urge you to do that in the future before being so quick to refute what others have written.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    what do you mean "Frey had a bad rap"???
    Glenn had said something in NY at a show, I think at MSG that insulted a NY band. He got some flack for it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    TK - With all due respect, you come across as very condescending the way you dispute what others here have posted without citing any facts to back up your post. Eagles haters go back to the 70's for the reasons some of us have stated here and all of them got a 'bad rap' at times back then. This is not something that is a matter of opinion, it is verifiable fact. But, you don't have to take our word for this, you can do some research for yourself. I would urge you to do that in the future before being so quick to refute what others have written.
    Dreamer, Every time I give my opinion, you call me condescending....
    It's just my OPINION. I didn't really see Eagle haters around in the 70's, but that is what I observed. I was around in the 70's

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer, Every time I give my opinion, you call me condescending....
    It's just my OPINION. I didn't really see Eagle haters around in the 70's, but that is what I observed. I was around in the 70's
    First you say you 'didn't see Eagle haters in the 70s' and yet you were very quick with the 'Frey had a bad rap' stuff. Because he dissed the New York Dolls at one performance it is a huge stretch to then extrapolate from that that everybody in New York in the 70s gave him a 'bad rap'. Regardless, doesn't that come under the Eagle haters category, or if it is Frey, is it OK, in your view?

And believe it or not, other people had different observations from you, which you seem entirely unable to comprehend. You really do seem to think that it only happened if you saw it or heard about it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-03-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Honestly, can't we all just get along?!?!?!? It's starting to get almost stressful to read some of these threads anymore. Life's just too short for this kind of arguing and bickering over things, that in the grand scheme of things in life, really aren't all that important.

Sorry, but just my opinion and I felt like I needed to give it right about now.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm in total agreement with that, Willie.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.