Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Announced earlier on the Eagles website. Presale begins on 3/25, general public 3/28

http://www.eaglesband.com/events/182801
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

It's a shame this isn't closer to me! The Eagles are closing out this event (Summerfest). Tickets to the show also includes entrance to the festival. There are a few acts still not named, but here's who's there the other days (so far):

The other headliners are: fun. (June 27), Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (June 2, Jason Aldean (June 29), New Kids on the Block (July 2), Rush (July 4) and Tim McGraw (July 5).

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainmen...199386061.html
    VK

Yep. No question about this one. Come hell or high water, I'm going. My parents are going to see Rush at Summerfest on the 4th of July too, so they might be wary about buying tickets - however, I am ready, willing and able to pour my life's savings into this. They're diehard fans just like me, so I assume they'll want to go, too. Now, to do some research on ticket prices...

Amusing sidenote: I still have the ticket stub from when my parents saw the Eagles at Summerfest in 2002 - that date was on July 7, also! Funny coincidence.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Yep. No question about this one. Come hell or high water, I'm going. My parents are going to see Rush at Summerfest on the 4th of July too, so they might be wary about buying tickets - however, I am ready, willing and able to pour my life's savings into this. They're diehard fans just like me, so I assume they'll want to go, too. Now, to do some research on ticket prices...

Amusing sidenote: I still have the ticket stub from when my parents saw the Eagles at Summerfest in 2002 - that date was on July 7, also! Funny coincidence.
    That's a pretty cool coincidence!! They made it sound like tix would be on Ticketmaster. I didn't look to see if the others were (Rush, Tom Petty, etc.). I really hope you can go to this!
    VK

Stuck on the Border

WoooooHooooo! Just yelled and sent my dogs running for cover.

Finally! The Eagles are coming back to the Big Gig!

Summerfest is a wonderful destination for any music lover on any day of the event. It's an annual event for us since we live very close-we go at least one day of the 10 day run. We already have awesome tix for the Tom Petty show this year.

As it gets closer to the event-more acts for more of the smaller stages will be announced. Right now they've only been announcing the lineups for the 2 biggest stages.

www.summerfest.com
    [

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Good for you Tori!!!! Come hell or high water -- go for it!

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

I might go to this, too!! I just noticed right now that this show is happening and I looked at my work schedule and I'll be off work!!

I wouldn't want to go by myself though! Those of you who are going, do you already have people to go with? I live in Minnesota just under the Twin Cities so this would only be a 2-3 hour drive for me I think.

Okay, so a few questions for those of you who have more experience buying tickets.

-Do you have to have an Amex card to do the presale stuff, or just the code?
    -Are the Amex presale seats good? (I'm hoping for something in front or rear reserved seating as shown in this here seating chart.)
    -It says on the Ticketmaster website that prices range from $35-$125. The more expensive ones would be the better ones, correct?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just that I'm gonna be in school while the presale's going on and want to make sure my mom can hook us up with some good seats - and affordable ones, too, because God knows we can't afford ILAA and all that stuff.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Okay, so a few questions for those of you who have more experience buying tickets.

-Are the Amex presale seats good? (I'm hoping for something in front or rear reserved seating as shown in this here seating chart.)
    -It says on the Ticketmaster website that prices range from $35-$125. The more expensive ones would be the better ones, correct?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just that I'm gonna be in school while the presale's going on and want to make sure my mom can hook us up with some good seats - and affordable ones, too, because God knows we can't afford ILAA and all that stuff.
    I've never even heard of this Amex card, i've been to like 150 concerts and never had any problem getting good seats if I get them presale or the first day, but i've never bought Eagles tickets before! lol But I can say the expensive ones will be the closest, probably that entire red section. The yellow section might be spendy too. I wanna be in section 2 or 6! I really dont wanna pay $800 though like some people are saying their tickets have been lately. If $125 is the highest, i'd pay that for sure.

Are you going alone, Tori?

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

OK, so here's the deal with Summerfest. There is no amex presale on ticketmaster for this concert. The only presale listed is for a "Venue/Radio" presale which starts on Wed the 27th at 10 am CDT. You can pay with any credit card -- it doesn't have to be American Express.
    HOWEVER, keep your fingers crossed. I've sent a few e-mails and I'm trying to get the radio/venue presale code for you. I will send you a pm and let you know if I was successful in getting it. I should know by tomorrow.
    The seats (with fees) are between $61.20 and $156.30 and I think you stand an excellent chance of getting the ones you want.

Tori, I sent you a pm. I'll be back in touch by Tues night! Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 03-24-2013 at 08:24 PM.