Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Default Re: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Definitely lots of really good side stage headliners this year. Last year's was kind of mediocre - with the exception of Joe Walsh, of course.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Smile Re: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    Well i'll be getting there the day before the show so I'll get there on time either way!

I kinda wish it was general admission so we could all hang together during the show! It would be cool to meet some of you!
    My daughter and I are going to leave at 6 am that should put us there with plenty of time to wander before the show. I just hope the weather is nice that day.

So I have a question for all you concert veterans. I just got done watching the doc and, even though I'm lucky just to have bleacher seats for these shows, I'd absolutely kill for better seats. How would you be able to get good seats the day of, and how much would they cost? I'd assume you'd just pull the whole "go to the box office and ask" thing. I really, really wanna try this even though my mom probably would not go for it.
    ~ Tori

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    So I have a question for all you concert veterans. I just got done watching the doc and, even though I'm lucky just to have bleacher seats for these shows, I'd absolutely kill for better seats. How would you be able to get good seats the day of, and how much would they cost? I'd assume you'd just pull the whole "go to the box office and ask" thing. I really, really wanna try this even though my mom probably would not go for it.
    It's a festival, so the usual rules might be out the window. I suggest constantly checking Ticketmaster to see if you can find better seats, especially within a few weeks of the concert. Unused comps, etc can 'drop'. Another thing to try is checking out Craigslist, StubHub, all the resellers, the day of the event (even day before). Unsold tickets, if there are any, can drop in price and be lower than face value. Seatgeek will show all the resellers except Craigslist. Keep checking Ticketmaster even now, they may release seats on the side, may not be the best seats, but better than what you have.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It's a festival, so the usual rules might be out the window. I suggest constantly checking Ticketmaster to see if you can find better seats, especially within a few weeks of the concert. Unused comps, etc can 'drop'. Another thing to try is checking out Craigslist, StubHub, all the resellers, the day of the event (even day before). Unsold tickets, if there are any, can drop in price and be lower than face value. Seatgeek will show all the resellers except Craigslist. Keep checking Ticketmaster even now, they may release seats on the side, may not be the best seats, but better than what you have.

Exactly right. You need to be relentless in your checking. When VA says constantly -- she's not kidding. Be ready to scoop them up right then and there. If you waver or hit search again, someone else will scoop them up in seconds. Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 05-03-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Word of warning about Craig's List: I would stay away from anyone selling an e-ticket. They can easily be printed off several times and unlike official resellers, there's no vetting of the offers on Craig's List to make sure they're legit. That said, I got first row at Soldier's Field for face thanks to Craig's List so don't ignore it entirely!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't usually trust Craigslist for anything, haha, so I think I'll stick with checking Ticketmaster every once in a while. Thanks for all the advice, and...

Two Months Until The Show!!!~

Too early for a countdown? I think not!
    ~ Tori

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I don't usually trust Craigslist for anything, haha, so I think I'll stick with checking Ticketmaster every once in a while. Thanks for all the advice, and...

Absolutely. NOT!!!

OH.MY.GOD. You're right!! A scant two months until my first Eagles concert. C'mon, June, pass by quick!

WKLH (96.5) is giving away tickets to the show this week--96th caller--so be listening during the affternoon show. They also say it's sold out (well, except for the tickets they have, apparently!), if they influences anyone still on the hunt for seats...