Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Default Re: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

There's an electronic billboard by my school and I saw an ad for that today! Maybe I should try and win some tickets...
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Go for it, Tori!!!

All they keep saying on 'KLH is that it's completely sold-out and try have the in,y ticket giveaway in town.....

LESS THAN A MONTH! until my first Eagles concert!!

I'm like the only person obsessed to post here all the dang time, but it has to be said--less than three weeks, people.

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I'm like the only person obsessed to post here all the dang time, but it has to be said--less than three weeks, people.
    I'm excited for you, AEW!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

I'm excited too, AEW! Just getting worried about getting there, i'll be driving and wanted to park as close as possible but I heard the few parking lots fill up fast, I am paranoid about not being with my car so I dont want to leave it somewhere and take the bus/shuttle thing. I'm a nervous driver too so i'm kinda worried I won't find parking and i'll be one of those idiot drivers who looks confused and causes accidents LOL, I heard it's REALLY crazy around there. You live in that area, right? Is it really as crazy as they make it sound?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm excited for you all too! I know it's gonna be awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    I'm excited too, AEW! Just getting worried about getting there, i'll be driving and wanted to park as close as possible but I heard the few parking lots fill up fast, I am paranoid about not being with my car so I dont want to leave it somewhere and take the bus/shuttle thing. I'm a nervous driver too so i'm kinda worried I won't find parking and i'll be one of those idiot drivers who looks confused and causes accidents LOL, I heard it's REALLY crazy around there. You live in that area, right? Is it really as crazy as they make it sound?
    Parking is a beast--fills up quick, and they charge an arm and a leg for spaces. I've never, ever driven there--I've always taken a bus/freeway flyer, or Park 'n' Ride, as they call them. You leave your car, take a Summerfest bus, and you avoid the hassle. They come every 15 minutes, more or less, and I think the roundtrip fee is $6.50, exact change. I take the Brown Deer one. Most of them are extremely safe places to leave your car--I'd do one in the suburbs vs. one in the heart of the city, perhaps--but I've never been afraid for my car or my safety in one of the lots. I think the last ones leave at 12;30AM, but the shows at the Marcus are good at getting out so you have enough time to walk across the park and to the Park n Ride lot.

Here's the Summerfest page on all the travel options to the park. Any questions, ask me!

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    Parking is a beast--fills up quick, and they charge an arm and a leg for spaces. I've never, ever driven there--I've always taken a bus/freeway flyer, or Park 'n' Ride, as they call them. You leave your car, take a Summerfest bus, and you avoid the hassle. They come every 15 minutes, more or less, and I think the roundtrip fee is $6.50, exact change. I take the Brown Deer one. Most of them are extremely safe places to leave your car--I'd do one in the suburbs vs. one in the heart of the city, perhaps--but I've never been afraid for my car or my safety in one of the lots. I think the last ones leave at 12;30AM, but the shows at the Marcus are good at getting out so you have enough time to walk across the park and to the Park n Ride lot.

Here's the Summerfest page on all the travel options to the park. Any questions, ask me!
    It isnt so much that i'm afraid for my car to be left alone, i'm afraid i wont be able to get back to it LOL I dont ever use public transportation and especially in a new city I wont know where to go, I feel stupid saying this since i'm 40 years old but i've always lived in a small town with no busses, taxi's, none of that, I always drove myself everywhere. One time I took a bus 30 miles from my town and I ended up lost and it took me 3 hours to get home! lol Maybe I will do the park and ride thing though, I won't be getting to the concert until right before it starts and I wont have any time to wander around trying to find a parking spot. I just hope the show gets out in time for me to find where the bus picks you up before they stop running them. Do the busses say on them where they are going? I mean when you're leaving Summerfest how do you know which bus to get on to take you to the lot you parked in?