Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles at Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI - 7/07

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    It isnt so much that i'm afraid for my car to be left alone, i'm afraid i wont be able to get back to it LOL I dont ever use public transportation and especially in a new city I wont know where to go, I feel stupid saying this since i'm 40 years old but i've always lived in a small town with no busses, taxi's, none of that, I always drove myself everywhere. One time I took a bus 30 miles from my town and I ended up lost and it took me 3 hours to get home! lol Maybe I will do the park and ride thing though, I won't be getting to the concert until right before it starts and I wont have any time to wander around trying to find a parking spot. I just hope the show gets out in time for me to find where the bus picks you up before they stop running them. Do the busses say on them where they are going? I mean when you're leaving Summerfest how do you know which bus to get on to take you to the lot you parked in?
    ALA, this reminds me of myself on vacation in Mexico. Hubby and I got on a bus that was to take us to an outdoor market and we ended up in a residential section and only us and 3 Mexicans left on the bus. It was scary! Then they took us to the bus station to get on another bus that was equally as bad! We got off, found a taxi, and finally made it back to our hotel. Never did make it to the market!

Good luck to you. Surely someone can advise you.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It isnt so much that i'm afraid for my car to be left alone, i'm afraid i wont be able to get back to it LOL I dont ever use public transportation and especially in a new city I wont know where to go, I feel stupid saying this since i'm 40 years old but i've always lived in a small town with no busses, taxi's, none of that, I always drove myself everywhere. One time I took a bus 30 miles from my town and I ended up lost and it took me 3 hours to get home! lol Maybe I will do the park and ride thing though, I won't be getting to the concert until right before it starts and I wont have any time to wander around trying to find a parking spot. I just hope the show gets out in time for me to find where the bus picks you up before they stop running them. Do the busses say on them where they are going? I mean when you're leaving Summerfest how do you know which bus to get on to take you to the lot you parked in?
    ALA, the area where the shuttles pick you up are very close to the Marcus Amphitheatre. They are super well marked according to which lot you parked in...so if you would park in the "Brown Deer" Park and Ride, you'd simply look for the bus that was parked next to the big Brown Deer Park and Ride sign. There are a ton of festival employees in the area that would help you out. Even tho my husband works in downtown Milwaukee, we ALWAYS use the shuttle. Parking down there is a bear, and there's always construction, detours, etc. What a pain! The shuttles are easy and quick and cheap and very safe. I wouldn't be afraid to do it alone.

We'll be doing the shuttle for this show. If we locate each other, my husband and I can certainly help you get to where you need to be.
    [

Agreed on the shuttle - last year for Joe Walsh's Summerfest show we took the shuttle. Although the park and ride lot we went to (the Hales Corners one) was full, so my dad just dropped us off and we didn't leave the car there. So I would suggest the shuttle, just make sure there's a place to park your car at the park and ride lot!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    ALA, this reminds me of myself on vacation in Mexico. Hubby and I got on a bus that was to take us to an outdoor market and we ended up in a residential section and only us and 3 Mexicans left on the bus. It was scary! Then they took us to the bus station to get on another bus that was equally as bad! We got off, found a taxi, and finally made it back to our hotel. Never did make it to the market!

Good luck to you. Surely someone can advise you.
    Oh my, that DOES sound scary! Being in another country would be a horrible place to be in that situation! At least you weren't alone though. I will be alone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    ALA, the area where the shuttles pick you up are very close to the Marcus Amphitheatre. They are super well marked according to which lot you parked in...so if you would park in the "Brown Deer" Park and Ride, you'd simply look for the bus that was parked next to the big Brown Deer Park and Ride sign. There are a ton of festival employees in the area that would help you out. Even tho my husband works in downtown Milwaukee, we ALWAYS use the shuttle. Parking down there is a bear, and there's always construction, detours, etc. What a pain! The shuttles are easy and quick and cheap and very safe. I wouldn't be afraid to do it alone.

We'll be doing the shuttle for this show. If we locate each other, my husband and I can certainly help you get to where you need to be.
    That makes me feel better! I'm not so worried now. Do you know already which lot you'll be in? Are you getting there earlier in the day? I work nights so I have a very hard time getting up before 6pm but for this I will have to LOL I will hate myself if I miss this show. I will most likely get there right before it starts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Agreed on the shuttle - last year for Joe Walsh's Summerfest show we took the shuttle. Although the park and ride lot we went to (the Hales Corners one) was full, so my dad just dropped us off and we didn't leave the car there. So I would suggest the shuttle, just make sure there's a place to park your car at the park and ride lot!
    Looks like there are about 7 or 8 lots so i'll just print out the map and keep going until I get one with an empty spot! I am sure one of them will have something open, even though i will be getting there like around 6pm probably.

Molly, did you end up getting seats where you wanted?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Molly, did you end up getting seats where you wanted?
    Section 3 Row 5 which I believe is on the Timmy side. They came at a price. Ah well, I won't miss that arm and leg much.
    [

Stuck on the Border

That makes me feel better! I'm not so worried now. Do you know already which lot you'll be in? Are you getting there earlier in the day? I work nights so I have a very hard time getting up before 6pm but for this I will have to LOL I will hate myself if I miss this show. I will most likely get there right before it starts though.
    We always park in the lot "Watertown Plank" which is north of Milwaukee (we live 30 miles north of Milw.)

The date of this show will be our 3rd trip down to the Festival this year. So, I'm not sure that we'll get there super early. Probably early enough to at least walk the festival grounds once and get some dinner before the show. So, yes, we'll be down there probably 3-4 hours ahead of show time.

I guess which lot you choose would depend on where you are staying. You're coming in from the west, so you may want to look for a hotel and a Park and Ride in Brookfield or Waukesha which are towns to the west of Milwaukee.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    We always park in the lot "Watertown Plank" which is north of Milwaukee (we live 30 miles north of Milw.)

The date of this show will be our 3rd trip down to the Festival this year. So, I'm not sure that we'll get there super early. Probably early enough to at least walk the festival grounds once and get some dinner before the show. So, yes, we'll be down there probably 3-4 hours ahead of show time.

I guess which lot you choose would depend on where you are staying. You're coming in from the west, so you may want to look for a hotel and a Park and Ride in Brookfield or Waukesha which are towns to the west of Milwaukee.
    I already got my hotel, it's in Brookfield. The ones in Milwaukee were either too expensive or in the downtown area and I wanted one farther away from the traffic and noise. So I will probably first try whichever lot comes first coming in from the West.