Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Default Re: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - ?)

But we are hoping against all hope.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    just to clarify before I get the whole freakin' board in a tizzy...I was not suggesting that Timothy actually sing one of Don's or Glenn's or Joe's songs on tour...I am not an idiot...to actually think that would happen even if I did want it....haven't any of you ever thought..."gee I wonder how...insert name of favorite Eagle...would sound singing this song?"...maybe not...but I have with Timothy ...probably because he gets to sing so few songs...just my fantasy...just sayin'....
    I totally get it, Z. I think it makes for a great fantasy topic! I can understand on some level why people think certain songs 'shouldn't be messed with' but, actually, I am often surprised by my reactions to cover versions. For example, Desperado is such a Don song for me - I've always thought that husky, soulful voice fits perfectly with the lyrics and I couldn't imagine anyone else singing it - but I have to say that Glenn's version that he performs live is beautiful. Not necessarily better, but very, very good. They're just different. Think about JD Souther's great versions of Best of My Love and Doolin' Dalton... We all have our preferences but I don't think that just because we like the way the song was sung originally that it should preclude any mention of anyone else singing it. If Don had sung Tequila Sunrise, it would have been a different song, but would it have been worse? I don't think so. Just different. There is a tendency to see songs as sacred, but the reality is that songs are always evolving in some way. I have been pleasantly surprised by many cover versions in the past. The original will always exist - it won't be tainted by anybody else's attempt to sing it.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Aw Troub, I know that was intended for Z, but that was beautiful, and so, so true!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

decided I want them to do Victim of Love...and The Best of My Love...are you listening guys????

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    decided I want them to do Victim of Love...and The Best of My Love...are you listening guys????
    Yes! Plus Already Gone and New Kid In Town and One Of These Nights.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

ALL OF THE ABOVE LISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I have a question... Forgive me if it is not in the proper spot.. But I have been wondering if there are pre concert border member evenTs? I know some of you travel together, but was wondering if you do any pre / post show hanging(basking in the glow) meet/greets?

I have been to many for Jimmy and the Dead, even Dylan... But wondered what if u guys do such things?
    Sandy

There are times I wish the guys and their management were a bit more tech-savvy and kept that website a bit better-maintained and current and a better representation of the band and it's music and history, etc. They could do so much more with it than merely use it to hawk merchandise and post tour dates.

As in for the upcoming tour--they could have a blog on "insider" tidbits on rehearsals and behind-the-scenes photos. Wouldn't have to be "spoilers" by any means, but just vague, feel-good blurbs. Even to update the site during the tour with set lists (not that they'll change ) or photos on the road would be nice.

I know a majority of the band is pretty tech-phobic (maybe Joe can tweet fun things during the tour!) but I 'd think their management would know the value of a good, content-rich website in this day and age, especially before a big tour...?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Skpx View Post
    I have a question... Forgive me if it is not in the proper spot.. But I have been wondering if there are pre concert border member evenTs? I know some of you travel together, but was wondering if you do any pre / post show hanging(basking in the glow) meet/greets?

I have been to many for Jimmy and the Dead, even Dylan... But wondered what if u guys do such things?

Firstly, welcome Skpx.

Now to answer your question, unfortunately the Eagles aren't too good on the 'Meet and Greet' front, although I remember Joe hosting one a few years ago. I guess they are just too BBF with pre concert preparations.

However us Borderers are a much more outgoing and sociable group! In my own experience in Niagara Falls in 2011 (GF solo concerts) we all met up in various ways over the two days that we spent there. These included doing the 'Maid of the Mist' tour on the Wednesday and also the Hard Rock Cafe in Niagara Falls. We also met up for other meals and drinks before/after the shows. Several of us were in the same hotel too which made it easier.

My daughter and I met up with Mrs Frey and GEF in London in 2008 at the opening gig of the LROOE tour and I believe Steph was there too, although it was Belfast in 2009 before we would meet.

And once again in LA in 2012 (again GF solo show) I met up with Soda and FP.

I know there have been many more Border get-to-gethers that other Borderers have been to in San Jose, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Oklahoma and other cities for both Solo and Group gigs. It tends to be very informal with the emphasis on 'The More The Merrier'. Its all part of the fun. While my main aim in going to the NF and LA gigs was obviously to see Glenn doing solo gigs, the experience was definitely enhanced by having such a wonderful group to hang out with

I'm sure if you are going to one or more of the upcoming gigs you will find that at least a few of us will be able to meet up with you.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

whenever there is more than one Borderer going who feels comfortable doing so, we typically meet up either before or after the show (or both). To find out who is going to a show, check its pre-concert anticipation thread - each show gets its own. Then, in that thread, ask about meet-ups and the rest is taken care of via PM.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten