Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What's a road box?

I hope if this happens it will be civilised & people will treat each other with respect.

It's a box that is used to transport concert equipment. Glenn mentioned in the doc and I know it was mentioned somewhere else as well that before Joe joined the band he would come on stage for a song or two. They would wheel him out in a road box and he would jump out like a girl would jump out of a giant cake.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Tim will play bass. Who else could do it? That is unavoidable.

When Joe comes out obviously Joe will play Joe's parts & Bernie will probably leave the stage.
    Apparently, I'm not in the know as much as you are because I don't know that for sure. And from what we've all been reading, either do the Eagles themselves because they keep saying it's all in discussion.

What Joe said was,

"There'll be part of the show that doesn't involve me, but I may come out and play some James Gang stuff as part of the show just to show what I was doing when 'Witchy Woman' came out," he notes. "We don't have that down yet."

It seems to me if he isn't involved in some of the show, presumably because he wasn't with the band at the time, that Timothy MIGHT NOT be also.

I think it was a legitimate question/concern/thought that warranted some opinions but the "WILL play" (tho seems reasonable) and the "OBVIOUSLY"s are a little presumptuous, in my opinion, unless you know something the rest of us do not.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yep, who knows how they'll do it, and I find that exciting! Every Eagles show I have been to I have known the set list in advance. If I get a chance to see them during this tour, I really would like to be surprised. I think I enjoy it more when I don't know every single thing.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Never thought this day would come. Bernie touring with them again, doing the early songs that got them headed to the "yellow brick road." I'm a happy camper.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Why should Randy and Felder spoil things for Bernie? That's like saying 'If I can't be happy, no one else can be.'

It's not Bernie's fault that Randy is ill and Felder's a pill.
    I see your point, I am just a perfectionist. If something isn't 100% the way it should be, I would rather not bother with it. I'm a real stickler for original lineups too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Yep, who knows how they'll do it, and I find that exciting! Every Eagles show I have been to I have known the set list in advance. If I get a chance to see them during this tour, I really would like to be surprised. I think I enjoy it more when I don't know every single thing.
    Agreed! I am really looking forward to any surprises they pull out, and seeing Bernie will be great. Got my Philly tickets in the mail, so it all seems real now!

Can't wait.

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AftertheThrill View Post
    Will they bring Joe out in a road box? And will Bernie pour a beer on Glenn when he leaves the stage or will he just say "I'm going surfing"
    LOL
    That's hilariousness. It made me spit koolaid

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AftertheThrill View Post
    It's a box that is used to transport concert equipment. Glenn mentioned in the doc and I know it was mentioned somewhere else as well that before Joe joined the band he would come on stage for a song or two. They would wheel him out in a road box and he would jump out like a girl would jump out of a giant cake.
    If he decides to jump out of the road box again, I think his fans should get to vote on his attire

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Now, we don't know if Bernie will be a guest at all of the shows, do we? And if not, which shows will he do? That would definitely influence what show I go to. I want to see Bernie!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Apparently, I'm not in the know as much as you are because I don't know that for sure. And from what we've all been reading, either do the Eagles themselves because they keep saying it's all in discussion.

What Joe said was,

"There'll be part of the show that doesn't involve me, but I may come out and play some James Gang stuff as part of the show just to show what I was doing when 'Witchy Woman' came out," he notes. "We don't have that down yet."

It seems to me if he isn't involved in some of the show, presumably because he wasn't with the band at the time, that Timothy MIGHT NOT be also.

I think it was a legitimate question/concern/thought that warranted some opinions but the "WILL play" (tho seems reasonable) and the "OBVIOUSLY"s are a little presumptuous, in my opinion, unless you know something the rest of us do not.
    Then who do you think would play bass?

I didn't mean to sound presumptuous or that I knew something the rest of you didn't. But the laws of probability indicate to me that given Randy's health they are not suddenly going to get another bass player for the early material. I just cannot take this 'history' stuff this literally. I think the 'discussion' relates to other issues. I don't know how they can leave Tim out. It just is not practical because they don't have another bass player, whereas they will have Bernie before Joe.

I also have a problem with the James Gang being incorporated into this. It is supposed to be a history of the Eagles. The Eagles have done the James Gang songs. I don't know why Joe's career should have a separate part in this show when I think it's a safe bet there won't be any Poco songs. Unless that is also 'under discussion' but frankly, I doubt it. I know Joe had his own career. Can't he celebrate that at solo shows?