Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

I sort of agree with you on that FP, but I suppose it will be Funk 49 or Walk Away, which would normally be played later in an Eagles show anyway.

ETA: Sorry, FP, I posted before I read the end of your post. I understand what you're saying.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Then who do you think would play bass?

I didn't mean to sound presumptuous or that I knew something the rest of you didn't. But the laws of probability indicate to me that given Randy's health they are not suddenly going to get another bass player for the early material. I just cannot take this 'history' stuff this literally. I think the 'discussion' relates to other issues. I don't know how they can leave Tim out. It just is not practical because they don't have another bass player, whereas they will have Bernie before Joe.

I also have a problem with the James Gang being incorporated into this. It is supposed to be a history of the Eagles. The Eagles have done the James Gang songs. I don't know why Joe's career should have a separate part in this show when I think it's a safe bet there won't be any Poco songs. Unless that is also 'under discussion' but frankly, I doubt it. I know Joe had his own career. Can't he celebrate that at solo shows?
    Did the Eagles do Poco songs in the early days? Or even ever? I look at it this way, they've done Walk Away and RMW for longer than they've done Hotel California, supposedly (according to some) their claim to fame and their iconic song. I realize I'm prejudiced because I love both RMW and WA, and I'm also remembering hearing both in Joe's recent solo shows and knowing the Eagles play it far better than he does solo. I guess I just consider them Eagles songs and they miss something significant when done solo. While the same is true of Don's solo songs (the Eagles performing them better than Don solo) I don't have quite the same feelings for those. They are even putting RMW on the bonus DVD from the 1977 concert and intended to even back then. It's why they did those eight songs, out of their usual order that night, then came back out later to do the other songs. At the time and now they obviously consider those songs part of their history, and a part they want to recognize. Like I said before, they're like adopted children.

ETA: I get what you're saying, FP and even understand why you feel the way you do. I just have a different opinion.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I understand both sides of this as well & no, they never did Poco songs except for Keep On Tryin'. My point I guess that this could be an oportunity to celebrate the band rather than continuing to rely on extraneous material no matter how well they play it or how long they've played it.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Then who do you think would play bass?

I didn't mean to sound presumptuous or that I knew something the rest of you didn't. But the laws of probability indicate to me that given Randy's health they are not suddenly going to get another bass player for the early material. I just cannot take this 'history' stuff this literally. I think the 'discussion' relates to other issues. I don't know how they can leave Tim out. It just is not practical because they don't have another bass player, whereas they will have Bernie before Joe.

I also have a problem with the James Gang being incorporated into this. It is supposed to be a history of the Eagles. The Eagles have done the James Gang songs. I don't know why Joe's career should have a separate part in this show when I think it's a safe bet there won't be any Poco songs. Unless that is also 'under discussion' but frankly, I doubt it. I know Joe had his own career. Can't he celebrate that at solo shows?
    I said it does seem reasonable that Timothy will play bass. My point was basically that you seem to state things as fact more than as an opinion & quite frankly, it sounds as if you think that I/we just aren't "getting it".

I think, even tho Bernie will be there for some or all shows & they might have Joe off stage during that part- if they are trying to stay that true to how it was, they'll have a hard time doing so without Randy & Don F. And having Timothy off stage also. Does that make sense?

I do completely agree with you about the Joe solo stuff. I Still keep thinking about the article that said they'd be incorporating solo works also- I just hope it isn't just Joe stuff.

Anyone else thinking that the fact they are saying they are in discussions about adding old stuff haven't done for long time AND solo stuff AND ex-member AND all new graphics, etc.... They really have their work cut out for them & the show might have to be 5 hours long to get it all included? I'm OK with that.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    They really have their work cut out for them & the show might have to be 5 hours long to get it all included? I'm on with that.
    I'm on with that, too! As I said to HH earlier today, I'm going to two shows. What possessed me to choose two that are at the end of the first tour leg? I'll be going crazy.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Five hours1 Yeah!

I agree that it would only be right that Timothy would play bass in all songs. Also, someone would have to play Felder's parts in any songs that he played on before Joe joined the band. It would have to be Joe or Steuart.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I said it does seem reasonable that Timothy will play bass. My point was basically that you seem to state things as fact more than as an opinion & quite frankly, it sounds as if you think that I/we just aren't "getting it".

I think, even tho Bernie will be there for some or all shows & they might have Joe off stage during that part- if they are trying to stay that true to how it was, they'll have a hard time doing so without Randy & Don F. And having Timothy off stage also. Does that make sense?

I do completely agree with you about the Joe solo stuff. I Still keep thinking about the article that said they'd be incorporating solo works also- I just hope it isn't just Joe stuff.

Anyone else thinking that the fact they are saying they are in discussions about adding old stuff haven't done for long time AND solo stuff AND ex-member AND all new graphics, etc.... They really have their work cut out for them & the show might have to be 5 hours long to get it all included? I'm OK with that.
    I didn't mean it to sound as if I thought others were not 'getting it' & if you thought it sounded like that I apologise.

I said that I can't take the history aspect that literally & I meant it. We know that Randy & Felder won't be there & therefore it will not really be attempting to recreate 'how it was'.

I don't know what it's going to be like but I really am not sure that it will be very different from their current show. As GL says above, Felder's parts will probably be played by Steuart.

As for solo songs I imagine it will be the same Joe songs & the same Don songs. I hate to sound so cynical. I hope I am wrong.

I think it's fun to speculate. They're 3 months from the tour, so I would think they'd be close to deciding on a set list so that they can start rehearsing the show. Don't they have to rehearse with what's going to be on the background screen?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I don't want Joe to have to leave the stage when Bernie is on....They can both be on stage....How many times have you seen like 5 guitar players on stage? And I mean like 5 huge major guitar players on stage together.... I will be upset if Joe isn't there. To me that is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't want Joe to have to leave the stage when Bernie is on....They can both be on stage....How many times have you seen like 5 guitar players on stage? And I mean like 5 huge major guitar players on stage together.... I will be upset if Joe isn't there. To me that is ridiculous...
    I'm with you on this TK...I don't want Joe off stage doing nothing...want him on stage!