Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

I personally hope they bring back LWKUA - I like it a lot and Tim definitely means more than one song. As far as Tim doing one of his solo songs, it is doubtful, but nothing is impossible. The band's philosophy about the setlist is that they like to play the hits because they believe that is what their fans want to hear. And I agree that is true with the majority of their audiences - only us hardcores want to hear lesser known tracks. I'm also one that doesn't mind the solo songs, especially from Joe. If they do what they normally do, there will be some changes in the setlist since its a new tour, but I'll be really shocked if they make a huge number of changes especially in the second set. My guess is that maybe 25% of the setlist will change based on past tours. I, for one, would love for them to bring back New Kid In Town.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Sadler View Post
    Roses are red,

Violets are blue.
    Elton John played here at Freedom Hall in TN...
    Why can't you?!?!
    LOVE THAT!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I personally hope they bring back LWKUA - I like it a lot and Tim definitely means more than one song. As far as Tim doing one of his solo songs, it is doubtful, but nothing is impossible. The band's philosophy about the setlist is that they like to play the hits because they believe that is what their fans want to hear. And I agree that is true with the majority of their audiences - only us hardcores want to hear lesser known tracks. I'm also one that doesn't mind the solo songs, especially from Joe. If they do what they normally do, there will be some changes in the setlist since its a new tour, but I'll be really shocked if they make a huge number of changes especially in the second set. My guess is that maybe 25% of the setlist will change based on past tours. I, for one, would love for them to bring back New Kid In Town.
    In recent interviews, Glenn was still talking about going in order and bringing back some old ones.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

So, of the prices listed so far, and with fees varying by venue, the ticket prices are a wee bit less than in the past year or so. In some cases that's really about $3. In others it's more. They just posted VIP prices for the three venues that go on presale on Saturday, and while the front row is the same, $895, rows 2-10 are now $625 (they were $695) and rows 11-20 are $400 (they were $495 or $450, depending).

This makes me feel good that Official Platinum, if they offer it, will be reasonably priced as well.
    VK

Will there be more dates announced? I was hoping for something in NY city or the meadowlands.

I don't know! HH and I were talking about that and wondering. I'm betting the answer is 'no' with the possible exception of the Salmon festival, if they do that. However, we are betting they do more dates in Sept, it's just a question of where. Come back to the East Coast? Go somewhere else and then come back to the East Coast later? Seems like they'd have to do NYC, and then there's the entire southern part that's been left out. All speculation, of course.
    VK

See I'd guess that they probably will announce more dates if their past trends hold up. They tend to release some initial dates, then a little while later if the initial sales boom for the first shows goes well, then they ususally add more shows. But it's all just a guess. I do agree that even if there are no more summer dates, then they will do some more shows in the fall. I think the only thing that would cause them not to continue booking shows is if ticket sales are really poor, and that's not really likely.

Out on the Border

Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Have seen two of the last 4 shows there and the wife and I have a blast. So nice to not have to drive home. You just walk out and go to your room if you want. Hoping Bernie may show but I doubt it. As a bonus we just saw the Cleveland and Pittsburg shows in July announced. 3 shows in 4 months will be sweet.

Have a blast, yekrut. I'm sure the guys won't disappoint!

Quote Originally Posted by yekrut View Post
    Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Have seen two of the last 4 shows there and the wife and I have a blast. So nice to not have to drive home. You just walk out and go to your room if you want. Hoping Bernie may show but I doubt it. As a bonus we just saw the Cleveland and Pittsburg shows in July announced. 3 shows in 4 months will be sweet.
    Have a great time and let us know how it goes! Personally, I don't think it will be the 'new' and revamped setlist. The picture advertising the show is still the old one! Just my inexpert opinion. Still, they might talk about the tour and give more details.
    VK