Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

I'm sure you'll have a blast Yekrut...can't wait to hear about the show...Please let me know if Timothy sings "I Can't Tell You Why"...He didn't do it in Dec...but that was a month after his surgery...Hopefully his voice is back in form by now...

Hoping I can ask some advice from the experts here regarding the upcoming ticket sales.

Have any of you ever done an Amex Presale for the Eagles and if so, do you think the seats are ok? I thought I read here that someone did not think that Amex has great presale seats. I've done Amex Broadway presales with mixed results. Some really good, some not so great. And I've had some good experiences with other credit card presales. Sometimes they are lousy, but for the 12/12/12 show at MSG, we got decent seats in the cheapest level from the Chase presale. Seats we would have never even had a sniff of during the public onsale.

Also, do they "drop" (release) seats in the days leading up to the show, or are you better off just buying at the onsale? For Springsteen, I only do GA, but if I had to do a seat, I would generally never buy a seat at the onsale because most of the time the best seats are held back to thwart the scalpers. So I'm trying to figure out whether to just buy what I can get at the Philly onsale, or wait it out if the seats are really not great, and hope they drop better ones closer to the date of the show. We plan on getting the seats in the $200 range, so I'm hoping that we might have a better shot at actually obtaining tickets than if we were trying for the cheapest seats.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Sorry if it's too many questions

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

NYCFan, I've had mixed results with the AmEx presale. This one lasts for several days instead of two days, so maybe it'll be better? Or maybe not.

Unsold VIP drop just short of a week before the show. Some here have had good luck having that happen and winging it. The other thing to try is to wait until a few days before the show and see if the resells on StubHub drop in price, they usually do.

It's all a crapshoot in my opinion!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks so much!

VIP is way beyond what I can spend, unless I have a temporary bout of insanity, so I'll just have to see what comes up with Amex and then maybe take my chance in the public onsale if the Amex seats aren't good. I appreciate the answer! I'm so looking forward to seeing them again. It's been far, far too long.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    amy ...can yo do a road t rip??
    Probably not...no ticket $$$, and at least 2 school-related obligations/workshops this summer. Knoxville, Greenville, even Roanoke might work for me...I'd even whoop it down to Savannah/Augusta and stay with my dad if they were gonna be there, he's a big fan too!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

NYC Fan - I'm one of those fans who doesn't want to pay the prices for VIP or broker tickets, but I also like to get really good seats. For me, I like to spend my "Eagles" budget on seeing more shows and I certainly don't want to go into debt to see them at my age. Therefore, I usually wait and take my chances that good tickets will drop shortly before the shows and I've had pretty good luck with that. I have even gone to the shows without a ticket and taken my chances on getting last minute unused comp seats. It is risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. As I said, more often than not, it's worked out pretty well for me. And if I don't fare as well as I'd like, I'm okay with that because I've had my fair share of awesome seats and figure I will again. I did ILAA one time, and may do it one more time for this tour, but otherwise, I'll continue to take my chances. I think each of us just has to figure out what works best for them. If you really want the peace of mind of a guaranteed front row seat, then I say VIP is the way to go.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

None of these Ticketmaster pages are showing DVD/ticket bundles...

If you go by Twitter, the people in Grand Falls have all noticed the four day gap in the schedule around the Salmon Festival, and they are all getting their hopes up.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I don't know [if more dates will be announced for the summer]! HH and I were talking about that and wondering. I'm betting the answer is 'no' with the possible exception of the Salmon festival, if they do that. However, we are betting they do more dates in Sept, it's just a question of where. Come back to the East Coast? Go somewhere else and then come back to the East Coast later? Seems like they'd have to do NYC, and then there's the entire southern part that's been left out. All speculation, of course.
    There might be more dates in the summer, if their past track record is anything to go by. They'd usually release a few dates, then a few more, then a few more, etc. Of course, nothing is guaranteed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for starting this thread VA, as its appropriate for any of us who want to comment generally on the tour.
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make any of the July dates as it is slap bang in the middle of my exam correction season. Also I would be hopeful that at some stage they might consider revisiting Europe, though I know that could easily be next summer (as in 2014). I'll bide my time, and think of all of you that do go.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    NYC Fan - I'm one of those fans who doesn't want to pay the prices for VIP or broker tickets, but I also like to get really good seats. For me, I like to spend my "Eagles" budget on seeing more shows and I certainly don't want to go into debt to see them at my age. Therefore, I usually wait and take my chances that good tickets will drop shortly before the shows and I've had pretty good luck with that. I have even gone to the shows without a ticket and taken my chances on getting last minute unused comp seats. It is risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. As I said, more often than not, it's worked out pretty well for me. And if I don't fare as well as I'd like, I'm okay with that because I've had my fair share of awesome seats and figure I will again. I did ILAA one time, and may do it one more time for this tour, but otherwise, I'll continue to take my chances. I think each of us just has to figure out what works best for them. If you really want the peace of mind of a guaranteed front row seat, then I say VIP is the way to go.
    Thanks so much! That is very helpful. I definitely don't need to be in the very front, but decent side seats would be nice. I wondered if they held back good seats for a drop, as I don't know what their ticketing polices are. And with the VIP seats, I wasn't sure if they drop the unsold ones nearer to the day of the show, if they are still very high priced, or if they go back down to the regular top price level. So this is all very enlightening! What is ILAA? Sorry if that's a dumb question...

Not to bring Springsteen into this again, but since I know how his ticket sales work, those are always a reference point for me for other band's ticket sales policies. And it sounds like, you have had some great luck holding out for good seats to drop for their shows. With Bruce, I've had some pretty spectacular luck on the days of the shows getting amazing seats (before he did GA or when he has done his solo/Seeger Session tours). You have to have nerves of steel, but it can pay off. I told my dad a story about a friend of mine and I being ticketless in the parking lot once 15 minutes before a show started that we had flown to get to, and how we ended up in the front row, and he equated it to playing Texas Hold 'em

I appreciate the advice from experience! It's always really helpful to hear how other bands work and how their fans get the good seats.