Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

I definitely appreciate the advice as well. I just can't justify the VIP prices when I'm getting far more for far less with Fleetwood Mac. I'll try Amex and then maybe hope for drop.

Keep me posted on when to look Dreamer!!!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Eagle-eyed HH noticed something this morning that in all my tiredness I completely missed last night when posting VIP ticket prices. For the three that have pre-sales tomorrow (DC, Philly, and Mansfield), the VIP seats go on sale TODAY at 10am Eastern.

The public sale for VIP for these three begins Tuesday, Mar. 26.

Thanks, HH, I would have cried if I would have missed this today!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soooooo..... where to start.... oh yeah..... EAGLES IN CLEVELAND OHIO ON MY 50TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Don't actually know what's going to happen at this point in July. So this will be a wait and see for me. IF I can get a decent seat for that show, I just might make to road trip but with it being on a Tuesday instead of a weekend, it would have to be a REALLY GOOD seat.

Then there's the whole setlist thing. I haven't read any of the stuff regarding the tour and what the setlist includes yet (it sounds like VA has it posted somewhere and I shall go find it) but if it's basically the same as it ever was, that will play a factor in my decision also.

As for solo works in the setlist, that makes me think it's going to be basically the same as usual. I mean if they include those, how are they going to add new songs like NKIT without eliminating other Eagles hits that we also like. I was hoping they'd do an EAGLES show by eliminating solo stuff and adding songs like NKIT, AG, etc.... *sigh* And I'd be willing to wager a front row ticket that when they say "solo work" we again are talking Joe, Don and possibly a Glenn song but Timothy will be left out again. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

This is only my impression and opinion.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...1-ccc64579e23c

They’ve also hinted that they’d like to include former members of the band, and recently Don Henley revealed in an interview that Bernie Leadon – the guitar architect of songs like “Already Gone” and “Witchy Woman” – is the only person they’d consider bringing back into the fold (so Don Felder and Randy Meisner won’t be making the trip). Sources say those negotiations are going quite well, so watch for a tour unlike any other in the band’s history.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Soooooo..... where to start.... oh yeah..... EAGLES IN CLEVELAND OHIO ON MY 50TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Don't actually know what's going to happen at this point in July. So this will be a wait and see for me. IF I can get a decent seat for that show, I just might make to road trip but with it being on a Tuesday instead of a weekend, it would have to be a REALLY GOOD seat.

Then there's the whole setlist thing. I haven't read any of the stuff regarding the tour and what the setlist includes yet (it sounds like VA has it posted somewhere and I shall go find it) but if it's basically the same as it ever was, that will play a factor in my decision also.

As for solo works in the setlist, that makes me think it's going to be basically the same as usual. I mean if they include those, how are they going to add new songs like NKIT without eliminating other Eagles hits that we also like. I was hoping they'd do an EAGLES show by eliminating solo stuff and adding songs like NKIT, AG, etc.... *sigh* And I'd be willing to wager a front row ticket that when they say "solo work" we again are talking Joe, Don and possibly a Glenn song but Timothy will be left out again. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

As I mentioned above, I'm betting they have no idea what the set list will be yet, they're probably still working on it. Not sure how much of Don's solo stuff will be included, or if Glenn's will be included, or Timothy's, but given how much attention was put on Joe's solo stuff in Part 1 of the movie (before they broke up) it doesn't surprise me at all that his would be included. In fact, while it was never said by any of them in the movie or elsewhere, I would bet that one of the deciding factors of bringing Joe on board to begin was so they could include some of those songs in their setlist every night and not just when he did a 'guest appearance'. That's purely speculation on my part. If even a tiny part of that is true, then I'd say they have no intention of dropping them. Plus, Joe's songs are so much a part of their history, they've been playing some of them on stage since 1975.

So, TBF, I had front row seats for the Eagles in Vegas for my 50th! It was the best birthday gift I've ever given myself!
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is all so exciting and I'm so hoping they add more dates soon! Surely they will.

I also hope they will change up the setlist some and add some deep tracks as they have alluded to. How can it be a History of the Eagles if they leave it the same as it's been lately? I guess we will see!

Good luck to all of you striving for tickets!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Glenn has said they're going back to three hours! I'd do it if I were you, for sure!
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Glenn has said they're going back to three hours! I'd do it if I were you, for sure!
    I remember that but my point is that they will have to eliminate something even from the 3 hour setlist in order to add songs that should of been there all along in my opinion. I would rather see them eliminate the solo songs to get songs like NKIT or AG, etc... than to eliminate other Eagles hits. But again, just my opinion and there are a lot of people here that want to see the solo stuff in an Eagles show. It's not that I don't love Boys Of Summer, Life's Been Good or the other many Joe & Don solo songs but when they play those songs, they are taking up space that could be used for some great Eagles hits or deep tracks that would be awesome to have in or back in the setlist.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I agree. It's history of the EAGLES. It should be all Eagles songs.
    ~Sara

I remember that but my point is that they will have to eliminate something even from the 3 hour setlist in order to add songs that should of been there all along in my opinion. I would rather see them eliminate the solo songs to get songs like NKIT or AG, etc... than to eliminate other Eagles hits. But again, just my opinion and there are a lot of people here that want to see the solo stuff in an Eagles show. It's not that I don't love Boys Of Summer, Life's Been Good or the other many Joe & Don solo songs but when they play those songs, they are taking up space that could be used for some great Eagles hits or deep tracks that would be awesome to have in or back in the setlist.
    Yes, it's all a compromise and obviously, they'll never make everyone happy. But think of it this way...50th birthday, sitting right in front of Timothy...listening to those amazing voices... I don't know about you, but for me, the alternative was to be with a big group of friends and family reminding me how old I am and singing about it with glee.
    VK