Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

Lol! Go for the tickets Willie! This may be their last tour! And you only turn 50 once!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As I mentioned above, I'm betting they have no idea what the set list will be yet, they're probably still working on it. Not sure how much of Don's solo stuff will be included, or if Glenn's will be included, or Timothy's, but given how much attention was put on Joe's solo stuff in Part 1 of the movie (before they broke up) it doesn't surprise me at all that his would be included. In fact, while it was never said by any of them in the movie or elsewhere, I would bet that one of the deciding factors of bringing Joe on board to begin was so they could include some of those songs in their setlist every night and not just when he did a 'guest appearance'. That's purely speculation on my part. If even a tiny part of that is true, then I'd say they have no intention of dropping them. Plus, Joe's songs are so much a part of their history, they've been playing some of them on stage since 1975.

So, TBF, I had front row seats for the Eagles in Vegas for my 50th! It was the best birthday gift I've ever given myself!
    They have already paid a huge amount of attention to Joe's solo work & it doesn't need to be emphasised again. For a History of the Eagles tour it should be Eagles songs. This includes LROOE songs that were so unceremoniously dropped. We all got the point about the solo material on the last couple of tours. Let's have something different.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    They have already paid a huge amount of attention to Joe's solo work & it doesn't need to be emphasised again. For a History of the Eagles tour it should be Eagles songs. This includes LROOE songs that were so unceremoniously dropped. We all got the point about the solo material on the last couple of tours. Let's have something different.
    The difference in opinion here comes from the fact that I consider Joe's older solo songs to BE Eagles songs. I would scream in frustration if they were removed. I'm obviously not the only one that feels this way. I look at them like an adopted child, when they took on Joe, they took on the songs.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

My feeling is that this could possibly be the last big tour. If you don't get to see them now, who knows when or IF they will do another major tour!
    They can't please everyone as to the set list, but I'm sure in a 3 hour show you will get a lot of great stuff.... If there is some solo stuff in there, so be it. And what about the possibility of seeing Bernie make a guest appearance??? Nothing definite said yet about it, but it has already been put out there that it may happen?

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The difference in opinion here comes from the fact that I consider Joe's older solo songs to BE Eagles songs. I would scream in frustration if they were removed. I'm obviously not the only one that feels this way. I look at them like an adopted child, when they took on Joe, they took on the songs.
    I agree VA. And I agree with your earlier post too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can handle the Joe solo songs because they have always done them in the Eagles and they were before the break up. Don's came after the break up.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I don't have a problem with them but they have been played so often. Why not do something different? Or if they have to do solo songs, different solo songs? I suppose RMW & LBG are untouchable but the others.... get rid of Walk Away & bring back Turn To Stone. Get rid of Funk #49 & do something out of the box like Rosewood Bitters or Help Me Through The Night or even something from Analog Man. Shake it up, for heaven's sake. It doesn't matter to me as I won't be there, but any setlist that is identical to what they have been doing will influence whether or not I see them if they come down here.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I can handle the Joe solo songs because they have always done them in the Eagles and they were before the break up. Don's came after the break up.
    Yes, I agree. I mean, I don't mind hearing Don's solo songs in Eagles shows, but I'd prefer to hear some oldies-but-goodies. I've only seen Don's solo show once, this past Feb, and after just seeing the Eagles in December, I have to say, his solo songs sound better when the Eagles do them. Maybe it's all in my head.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I believe it has been said that all the solo songs could just have easily been eagles songs.
    I would be dissapointed if I wasnt able to hear lifes been good to me so far or other jw songs.....
    I dont know three hours is a long time to fill and so is covering 40 years ..eventually someone will be dissapointed....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post with regard to the band's philosophy about set lists - they are going to play the hits because that's what they believe the majority of their audiences want to hear and that includes solo songs. They say themselves that they get tired of playing those songs, but they do it because their audiences want to hear them and I believe they are correct about that. I'm sure they'd like to perform lots of new stuff, but I don't think they'd sell the tickets they do if they didn't play what their audiences demand. They'll probably throw in a few deep tracks, but I wouldn't expect too many. JMHO

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016