Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles 2013 Tour Discussion

Very true, Dreamer.

I just want to mention that Pittsburgh, Louisville, Uncasville, and Cleveland VIP links are up and they will go on sale on Monday, Mar. 25. The prices are the same as the others.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post with regard to the band's philosophy about set lists - they are going to play the hits because that's what they believe the majority of their audiences want to hear and that includes solo songs. They say themselves that they get tired of playing those songs, but they do it because their audiences want to hear them and I believe they are correct about that. I'm sure they'd like to perform lots of new stuff, but I don't think they'd sell the tickets they do if they didn't play what their audiences demand. They'll probably throw in a few deep tracks, but I wouldn't expect too many. JMHO
    If they never test out the audience how will they ever know if the audience would like to hear different songs?

I am not saying they shouldn't play the hits. I am saying that it would not hurt them occasionally to shake it up a bit.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I guess it's semantics, but in their mind if they change the order of some songs and change 6 - 8 songs, then they consider that 'shaking it up a bit'. They are probably willing to take a few more chances in their solo shows than they are Eagles shows because they are playing to a lot less people who are either hardcores or folks that aren't all that familiar with their solo work anyway. Honestly, I think over their 40+ year careers they have a lot more experience at testing their audiences than we do. I trust their judgment more than I trust my own.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I'm sorry, but in my opinion just dropping the LROOE songs & shortening the show isn't shaking it up.

Obviously this is a minority opinion.

I would like it to be just Eagles songs although I do understand why they include Joe's solo stuff because the crowd loves them. The crowd also loves Don's solo but I think they'd love other Eagles hits even more.

As for the band always knowing best about what pleases their audience... anybody remember how they wore those business suits at every show for like two years even though 99.9% of the audience hated them?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, if they are going from a 2 hour show to a 3 hour show, that would have to add about 11 or so songs to the set list. They will be doing more than just switching up 6 to 8 songs. Until the first show is played, we won't know the set list, but I am not really expecting many deep tracks...They seem to stick to the hits & that's what has worked for them all these years & they will probably include many of the same solo songs we have been hearing....There will be a few songs that we haven't heard in a long time, & I am hoping that they will add some of LROOE, because most of that album has been entirely dropped! I bet they haven't even figured it out yet.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Let me preface this with this would be MY VERY FIRST EAGLES GIG!

I just don't know what to do. I am seriously wanting to go to the Bethel, NY or even the Mohegan Sun, CT show (if i have to travel anyway), because I don't want to miss my opportunity to see them. And those venues are pretty small compared to MSG.
    That said, I was hoping they'd have a NYC show. (hopefully at the Beacon which is a pretty intimate venue for a band like them.) I really would rather just see them here in NYC because I could go to the show alone, and wouldn't have to pay for a hotel room. My boyfriend really doesn't want to spend the money on the ticket (he doesn't love them like I do), and if i travel to the shows, he has to come with me. He says I should pay for his ticket if I want him to go, but I can't really afford that
    The other option is he goes with me, but doesn't go to the concert, just drops me off. but that's kinda messed up..what would he do while i'm in the concert? so I'm not sure this is a real option.

Do you guys think it would be wise to hold out for a NYC date?

If they do announce a NYC show before Monday (when they go on presale for me), can someone Please send me an email to my actual email (I have that option available in my Border profile) to make sure I know? haha Thanks in advance!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    Let me preface this with this would be MY VERY FIRST EAGLES GIG!

I just don't know what to do. I am seriously wanting to go to the Bethel, NY or even the Mohegan Sun, CT show (if i have to travel anyway), because I don't want to miss my opportunity to see them. And those venues are pretty small compared to MSG.
    That said, I was hoping they'd have a NYC show. (hopefully at the Beacon which is a pretty intimate venue for a band like them.) I really would rather just see them here in NYC because I could go to the show alone, and wouldn't have to pay for a hotel room. My boyfriend really doesn't want to spend the money on the ticket (he doesn't love them like I do), and if i travel to the shows, he has to come with me. He says I should pay for his ticket if I want him to go, but I can't really afford that
    The other option is he goes with me, but doesn't go to the concert, just drops me off. but that's kinda messed up..what would he do while i'm in the concert? so I'm not sure this is a real option.

Do you guys think it would be wise to hold out for a NYC date?

If they do announce a NYC show before Monday (when they go on presale for me), can someone Please send me an email to my actual email (I have that option available in my Border profile) to make sure I know? haha Thanks in advance!
    In my inexpert opinion, they will do NYC and probably at JD's MSG. I think it would be a different tour leg, like in the fall, and so not announced anytime soon. But again, that's just my opinion.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    In my inexpert opinion, they will do NYC and probably at JD's MSG. I think it would be a different tour leg, like in the fall, and so not announced anytime soon. But again, that's just my opinion.

hmm ok, thanks.

can I ask..what do you mean by "JD's" MSG?
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Jimmy Dolan who has a little band that often opens for the Eagles and some of them as solo artists called JD and the Straight Shots.
    VK