Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas 3/23/2013

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Las Vegas 3/23/2013

Old picture, old setlist.

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Las Vegas 3/20/2013

One guy tweeted he saw Vince Neil of Motley Crue there, but didn't have a camera.

VK

Fuzzy, but interesting jacket Joe has on... He has on blue jeans for a change.

VK

Hey, I don't remember this background. I seldom pay attention to the screen in the back, but I find it hard to believe I could have missed this?

VK

love the pics VA thanks...that doesn't look familiar to me either...?

Out on the Border

Setlist for tonight

1 seven bridges rd
    2How long
    3Take it to the limit
    4Peaceful easy feeling
    5Witchy women
    6Lyin eyes
    7Walk away
    8Boy of sum
    9In the city
    10Long run
    11Life's been good
    12Dirty laundry
    13Funk 49
    14Heartache tonight
    15Life in fast lane
    16Hotel calif
    17 take it easy
    18 rocky mtn way
    19 desperado

Out on the Border

Couple funny things. Henley went to the wrong mic on desperado. He thought it was broke or something til glenn redirected him then he wacked the correct mic but picked up ok and sounded good. Glenn was laughin at him.

Don talked about the tour a little about 2/3 the way through and said they'd probably tour for a couple yrs. glenn was shaking his head or something it was hard to tell cuz spotlight was on don and glenn mic was off but don said "come on you can do it " to glenn.

Overall it was great as usual. Glenn and joe guitar playing was even better than the last time I saw them here. A few small snafoos here and there but I listen pretty close. Everyone's voices were pretty good but u can tell they are gettin older and struggle some it may be that they haven't played in a while. I'm nitpicking they were still great.

No OOTN or ICTUY. Was a little disappointed in that. Tim may still b recovering but his harmonies seemed fine.

May post some more later. All for now. Just wanted to let you crazies know how it went.

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Las Vegas 3/20/2013

It was really great concert...
    I know it was short ( 1:45 mins ) with only 19 songs, but for me it is my first one and I really liked it
    the perfect band as usual, sound engineering on some songs needed adjustment when vocals seemed lower than the music
    Joe Walsh was the at his best vocal and lead, he was very loved by the audience
    Glenn played awesome guitar on "Witchy Woman" , his voice was a bit tired on some of the songs "Heartache Tonight" but he was really funny between the songs, when Don was long applauded by audience he said something like "thats about enough hes already has a pretty big head", then turned to him saying "fans favorite!"
    Don sounded great , a bit hoarse at the end of "Hotel California", but he was great, didn't do a lot of drumming, more to a second drummer
    Tim didn't sing lead but obviously he was enjoying the concert

at "Life's been good" there was a lovely footage for the band from the 70's in the background, first time to see for me, I guess it was part of the documentary ... sadly they didnt include any Felder picture, like he wasn't in the band!! this is a mistake, ignoring basis of the band history!

4-5 songs I wished were included specially "New Kid In Town" and "One of these nights"

at the end, I liked every minute of the show, stayed for a while after it was finished, not only me but many others said they didnt want to leave, lol.

Im going to bed now, see ya later friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulodiom View Post
    Glenn played awesome guitar on "Witchy Woman" , his voice was a bit tired on some of the songs "Heartache Tonight" but he was really funny between the songs, when Don was long applauded by audience he said something like "thats about enough hes already has a pretty big head", then turned to him saying "fans favorite!"
    Thank you both for your reviews!! I'm so glad you both had an excellent time. I've been looking at all the tweets people do instead of watching the concert, and those they do afterwards and I'm seeing a lot of #bestconcertever. The only 'negative' tweets I've found were poking fun at the age of the audience.

Paul, I quoted you above because I love it when they have that kind of banter on stage, it makes a great concert even better!

As for the footage, I'm glad they included it. They are probably saving shots of Felder for the History tour. In a place like Vegas, they can't assume the people in the audience are really fans of theirs. Some go because they're there and want to check it out, and showing footage of other people could be confusing without explanation.
    VK

As I mentioned last evening, Vince Neil from Motley Crue was there. I'd paste his tweets in here, but he and quite a few others use the 'f-word' a lot when saying good things. He was definitely excited to be there and very pleased with what he was hearing. Here are two pictures he tweeted:

VK