Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Crazy Long Run era Hair

Default Re: Glenn's Crazy Long Run era Hair

I think his early '79 'do fell victim to a haircut with too many short layers in it. God knows I've made the mistake of getting that style and if your hair is thick, coarse and wavy, all it does is transform into a mushroom shape!

Long hair, longer layers worked for him. Like bob length with short layers? Not a great look. . That 2nd half do really tailored the layers better and was just a better fit. Wonder if the other guys teased him over losing his long locks--they all still looked so 70s-riffic. Of course, at that point, they all were probably engaging in wordplay a lot worse than teasing.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Exactly! Like that old expression; Mad, bad and dangerous to know
    never heard that expression but i kinda like it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    never heard that expression but i kinda like iut
    Lady Caroline Lamb used it to describe her former lover Lord Byron.

I think it's rather unfair to start an entire topic on one of Glenn's least successful hair eras. Why not do the same for Tim's mullet or the infamous afro or ponytail?

I think of that hairstyle as being 1977-1978, still the HC era, not the Long Run era even though they were recording The Long Run. To me the Long Run era is when he had his hair cut & that is 1979-80.

Anyway as I have said on numerous occasions it was not until he had his hair cut short properly that I noticed him.

I put it into the "Long Run Era" gallery because at that point (c. 1978 ), Tim had joined the band.

http://glennfreyonline.com/photos/lrera.htm

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I put it into the "Long Run Era" gallery because at that point (c. 1978 ), Tim had joined the band.
    OK, fair enough.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

Anyway as I have said on numerous occasions it was not until he had his hair cut short properly that I noticed him.
    Pretty much the same FP! I first saw him in 82 with short hair and its always been how I picture him. I know a few of his longer haired styles are nice and suit him, and that some people here prefer him that way, but for me its the shorter hair that definitely does it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Did he have short hair in '78, too? In the Showtime doc, when they show footage of Timothy's first show and Glenn introduces him at the piano, he has short hair. In their modern day talking heads, both Glenn and Timothy said it was 1978. But then in '79, he has sporting the ill-conceived shaggy bob with facial hair, then went short and sleek again?
    I'm almost wondering if we have the years mixes up, and the pouffier 'do was first-half of '78, and then he got it cut later that year and carried it into '79...

Glenn has great hair, but yes, that one look was just too puffy or something. He looked good with it long, & then short, but that in between look was maybe just a bad haircut or something?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    Did he have short hair in '78, too? In the Showtime doc, when they show footage of Timothy's first show and Glenn introduces him at the piano, he has short hair. In their modern day talking heads, both Glenn and Timothy said it was 1978. But then in '79, he has sporting the ill-conceived shaggy bob with facial hair, then went short and sleek again?
    I'm almost wondering if we have the years mixes up, and the pouffier 'do was first-half of '78, and then he got it cut later that year and carried it into '79...
    The second part of your statement is correct and I don't see that anyone mixed up the years except that you were the person who thought the shaggy bob was at the start of 1979.

So did he and Timothy misremember the year in the doc then? They both said '78, and Glenn had the short, sleeker hair at that show... Anyone know date of Timothy's first concert performance with the band?