Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt & Eagles

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt & Glenn--the early years

Didn't see a thread for Bernie and Linda so thought I'd post this here, not sure if it's been posted before.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzBxPtYezM[/ame]

And I'm sure we've all seen this clip, which along with the "Nightingale" clip from the doc leads me to assume there's more footage from this show out there. Possibly in a vault somewhere.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLraBsN3Hz0[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

We have a Linda Ronstadt thread where I feel these videos should be posted regardless of who is backing her.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=843

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We have a Linda Ronstadt thread where I feel these videos should be posted regardless of who is backing her.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=843
    My bad FP, didn't even see it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No need for apologies, SL - you were just following suit for what others were doing. There is a lot of stuff in this thread that isn't specifically related to Glenn and Linda. Since a lot of these post are related to the Eagles, it might be a good idea to create a Linda & Eagles thread and move them to the Eagles forum. Thoughts?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think that's a great idea--especially with her book coming out in September, there will likely be a glut of Eagle-related stuff coming to light, about her and all Eagles, past and present. Putting it in the group thread is a good catch-all.

As for videos--I would think videos with Eagles backing her, or her doing Eagles songs, would be appropriate for Linda/Eagles thread, while anything on her career not secifically related to Eagles & Friends, would go in her solo "Singing for Sake of Song" thread? So, in fact, these videos would be appropriately posted for the new thread, correct--Bernie in one, Glenn and Don in the other...? Seems relevant to me to stay in an amalgamated "Linda and The Eagles" thread.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I think that's a great idea--especially with her book coming out in September, there will likely be a glut of Eagle-related stuff coming to light, about her and all Eagles, past and present. Putting it in the group thread is a good catch-all.

As for videos--I would think videos with Eagles backing her, or her doing Eagles songs, would be appropriate for Linda/Eagles thread, while anything on her career not secifically related to Eagles & Friends, would go in her solo "Singing for Sake of Song" thread? So, in fact, these videos would be appropriately posted for the new thread, correct--Bernie in one, Glenn and Don in the other...? Seems relevant to me to stay in an amalgamated "Linda and The Eagles" thread.
    Yes, I would agree with that.

Ok, I'll move this to the Eagles forum and rename it as "Linda Ronstadt & the Eagles."

ETA: Done.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt & Eagles

I thought, with the Hall of Fame coming up, it might be a good time to revive this thread!

So cool that Glenn is inducting her!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt & Eagles

This is a recent interview with Linda and she talks about putting together her touring band. It's slightly different to the Eagles version but people remember differently. She talks about wanting Shiloh as her back-up band - she had a couple of Bowdens as well as Henley at one point of the tour.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....3vRz5CIe.dpbs