Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt & Eagles

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt & Glenn--the early years

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    How much do I LOVE this--from the press conference held during the Sundance London premiere of the doc--Glenn and Don talk Linda and their beginnings with her--such fondness and gratitude--and their opinions on why she's not in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Both say lovely things for her and humorous yet honest criticisms against the RRHoF, but since it's Glenn's thread, we'll quote him:
    Linda should certainly be in just about every hall of fame that is possible for a woman of her talent. Aww...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73OJ091RByY

Have to say, though, Glenn's reaction to the reporter bringing up Linda's autobiography is interesting to me. He seems to be trying very hard to have a non-reaction , if that makes sense, at least to me. While Don at least pips up with "Not me" when asked if she spoke to any of them, Glenn says nada. It would have been easy enough for him to say "No" and the fact he doesn't makes me think did reminisce with her...or he didn't and he's afraid of what she might reveal.

Really, though, I think for awhile, pre-Eagles, she, Glenn and JD were quite the lil' trio, and I have to think JD has to be in there, and hence, so does Glenn...
    Just had a chance to watch this. Great find! I had never heard that story in the beginning about Don trying to sell a song he wrote to Linda. Learn something new about the Eagles origins all the time! Again, Glenn's memory never ceases to amaze.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

The memoir is beautifully written. There are enough unsettling stories to give it some WOW. Don, Glenn etc all get their due but it is not gossipy -she holds her sexuality and heart very close. Linda's voice on the page is a pleasure to read and a must for anyone interested in the music biz scene in California from the 60s and 70s. At goodreads.com a site frequented by avid readers you can see some early glowing reviews from those of us lucky to have received advance copies. Linda will be at NYCs renowned 92nd Street Y on September 18th with former NYTIMES music critic John Rockwell promoting the book -can't wait.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaster View Post
    The memoir is beautifully written. There are enough unsettling stories to give it some WOW. Don, Glenn etc all get their due but it is not gossipy -she holds her sexuality and heart very close. Linda's voice on the page is a pleasure to read and a must for anyone interested in the music biz scene in California from the 60s and 70s. At goodreads.com a site frequented by avid readers you can see some early glowing reviews from those of us lucky to have received advance copies. Linda will be at NYCs renowned 92nd Street Y on September 18th with former NYTIMES music critic John Rockwell promoting the book -can't wait.

Thanks, Blaster. I'm looking forward to reading it. I'll have to check my calendar for 9/18. I'd love to see hear her discuss the book!

Nice little review, blaster. I'm looking forward to reading it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you Blaster so much for the review of her book. I am looking forward to reading it now.

Thanks for the inside info, Blaster! Kirkus had given it a rather damning-with-faint-praise review, so happy to know it's more compelling read that they imply. And sweet the guys get mention.

I truly hope she does some decent amount of press for it. I wasn't joking before-I really want Oprah to interview her.

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I'm looking forward to reading to book

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

I'll put any specifically Linda/Eagles related stuff here, versus her more solo-specific stuff in her own thread...

That said, Getty has her at a 1977 Eagles Tennis Tournament here. Anyone know anything more about this. I know they did baseball--but tennis, too? Was there a croquet match somewhere along the line, too?

SOURCE

And to keep it Glenn-related--maybe he was her doubles partner.

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I'll put any specifically Linda/Eagles related stuff here, versus her more solo-specific stuff in her own thread...

That said, Getty has her at a 1977 Eagles Tennis Tournament here. Anyone know anything more about this. I know they did baseball--but tennis, too? Was there a croquet match somewhere along the line, too?

SOURCE

And to keep it Glenn-related--maybe he was her doubles partner.
    Isn't that an"Eagles" tee shirt that she is wearing? One like Glenn wore in some of their concerts.

Is it an Eagles tournament or does she just happen to be wearing an Eagles tour shirt? They sold that one in 1972/1973 - although now it's back again!

Regardless, this photo is adorable!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten