Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles Song Survivor Game

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Former Eagles Song Survivor Game

I probably shouldn't say so but if TALA had made the last two songs I would have voted for it. I am not nearly as ecstatic about TITTL as many people are. I used to be when I first heard it, but not now. That includes Glenn's version. I don't know why, but the song just doesn't interest me any more. Having said that it is a superior song to everything else in this game except for TALA, so that is why I never voted for it.

Well, I agree that I wish TALA would have been in the top two. I like it a lot. But I'm not sure I like it more than TITTL. When we play these Survivor games I always wonder, if all of these songs were on the same playing field, would the votes come out differently. In other words, I think that the fact that a song was a hit automatically gives it a better shot. But then again I always say, there's a reason a certain song became a hit. It was better than the rest. But not always.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I probably shouldn't say so but if TALA had made the last two songs I would have voted for it. I am not nearly as ecstatic about TITTL as many people are. I used to be when I first heard it, but not now. That includes Glenn's version. I don't know why, but the song just doesn't interest me any more. Having said that it is a superior song to everything else in this game except for TALA, so that is why I never voted for it.
    I know that often when a Survivor game has finished we post our 'order of songs', and if there was one for this game I was going to make a similar comment to FP's. Except that mine would have said 'If Bitter creek was the other song in the final two, I would have voted for BC'.
    In fact, as neither TITTL nor Flyer are in my personal final two I didn't vote in the final round. They're possibly equal third or fourth, depending on how I feel at the specific time I'm asked, so I actually felt that I didn't have the right to vote, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by UK TimFan; 05-07-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical error. It now reads 'similar comment to FP's', and not just 'to FP'.

Congrats to Take It to the Limit

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

I would post my list, but I threw it away just before we left for vacation, thinking I would probably not be finishing the game. I guess I could reconstruct it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

For what it's worth, here's my list:

17-Journey of the Sorcerer
    16-Midnight Flyer
    15-Visions
    14-Train Leaves here This Morning
    13-Take the Devil
    12-I Wish You Peace
    11-Earlybird
    10-My Man
    9-Bitter Creek
    8-Tryin'
    7-Twenty-One
    6-Most of Us Are Sad
    5-Too Many Hands
    4-Is It True
    3-Certain Kind of Fool
    2-Try and Love Again
    1-Take It To the Limit

And from 4-16, those could have been changed around multiple times! Like most all of them, but pretty equally. Tough game!

Thanks for playing everyone and to Soda and dreamer for all the work that goes with it! You guys rock!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    I know that often when a Survivor game has finished we post our 'order of songs', and if there was one for this game I was going to make a similar comment to FP's. Except that mine would have said 'If Bitter creek was the other song in the final two, I would have voted for BC'.
    In fact, as neither TITTL nor Flyer are in my personal final two I didn't vote in the final round. They're possibly equal third or fourth, depending on how I feel at the specific time I'm asked, so I actually felt that I didn't have the right to vote, if you know what I mean.
    Surely you can establish a particular preference at any given point in time if you have to. We've never done a Strange Weather Survivor & I'd have trouble there because I like most of those songs equally, but if I had to force myself to vote I'd do it.

My voting would have gone as follows:

17 I Wish You Peace
    16 Visions
    15 Journey Of The Sorcerer
    14 Earlybird
    13 Midnight Flyer
    12 Tryin'
    11 Twenty-One
    10 Is It True
    9 Take The Devil
    8 Most Of Us Are Sad
    7 Bitter Creek
    6 My Man
    5 Too Many Hands
    4 Train Leaves Here This Morning
    3 Take It To The Limit
    2 Certain Kind Of Fool
    1 Try & Love Again

To be honest, I didn't have a exact list other than the bottom three and the top three. The middle was just up in the air. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of most of these but here were my bottom three and top three.

Top 3:

1. Take It To The Limit
    2. Midnight Flyer
    3. Try And Love Again

Bottom 3:

1. Bitter Creek
    2. Journey Of The Sorcerer
    3. Twenty-One

Obviously I sometimes voted strategically but those were my choices. Visions was high up on the list, but my top 3 is above.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Here is my list ...

1. Take It to the Limit
    2. Try and Love Again
    3. My Man
    4. Certain Kind of Fool
    5. Twenty-One
    6. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    7. Midnight Flyer
    8. Bitter Creek
    9. Too Many Hands
    10. Visions
    11. Most of Us Are Sad
    12. I Wish You Peace
    13. Journey of the Sorcerer
    14. Is It True?
    15. Tryin’
    16. Take the Devil
    17. Earlybird

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow! I can't believe I missed this entire game thread. Because this is one I definitely would have wanted to contribute to. I haven't had much time to check things out lately, and when I did come by, I generally just went right to the 'hot' topics like the Dvd doc, upcoming tour, etc. posts, and I just completely missed this survivor game. Oh well. After seeing the results, perhaps it was just as well, because I would definitely have been frustrated and disappointed, if not actually upset, by the way these rounds went.

First of all, as anyone who's read my past posts know, although I love all the Eagles music, the early albums and the original 4 are my favorite version of the group, by far. Bernie is still my favorite Eagle (not 'former' Eagle, he may have quit, but he will always be an important part of the Eagles and his music and contributions carry on). and Randy isn't far behind. So, anyway, regarding the game, I can't believe 'Journey of the Sorcerer' and 'Train Leaves Here This Morning' were the FIRST 2 songs voted off in this game! Are you kidding? 'Train' is one the Eagles very best songs, certainly a highlight of the 1st album. And yes, 'Journey' is definitely different, and as some said 'It doesn't sound like an Eagles song', but it also is one the most unique, interesting, and compelling songs they ever made (and one of the only pure instrumentals), certainly a highlight and welcome breath of fresh air on the One of These Nights album. But then, I think all of Bernie's songs are highlights. Only 'I Wish You Peace' didn't come off so great, but that was primarily due to the sappy production excesses heaped on it. It would have worked much better as a simple, soft-spoken, heartfelt acoustic number, just guitar and vocal. His songs are among my very favorite Eagles songs, with 'Bitter Creek' at the top of the list. And 'Twenty-One' is one of the best bluegrass stompers ever written, and the best 'countryish' song the Eagles ever did (just a bit ahead of 'Midnight Flyer'). As for Randy, 'Certain Kind of Fool' is by far, my favorite song by Randy, and again, one of my very favorite Eagles songs. I also would put both 'Midnight Flyer' and 'Try and Love Again' ahead of 'Take It To The Limit' for Randy's songs, although I know TITL is the favorite of most others.
    Anyway, although I am too late to participate, here is my ranked list.

1. Bitter Creek
    2. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    3. Certain Kind of Fool
    4. Twenty-One
    5. My Man
    6. Midnight Flyer
    7. Try and Love Again
    8. Take It To the Limit
    9. Journey of the Sorcerer
    10. Earlybird
    11. Tryin'
    12. Is It True?