Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: WTF??

Default Re: WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    TopKat, no offense but you come across as confrontational in that post.
    It was a question to Zelda, just sayin' that I didn't understand her comment.
    Excuse me, but seem that you are confrontational. No offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    It was a question to Zelda, just sayin' that I didn't understand her comment.
    Excuse me, but seem that you are confrontational. No offense?
    I think Z answered the question when she said, "That's just how my mind works..." . Sometimes that's as good an answer as any.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    On the HFO CD the credit reads Henley/Frey/Felder so the DVD probably does too. If he did not have the idea to rearrange it acoustically then I don't see what the problem is in changing it. The acoustic version appears both on the CD & the DVD (it is a live performance, remember). On F1 it reads Felder/Henley/Frey.

And guess who, according to FELDER, came up with the idea for the acoustic introduction (see page 258 of the book).

It was Glenn Frey. Who is still credited second, not first, on the HFO album. I believe that Felder has since changed his tune on this & stated that Glenn had nothing to do with the new arrangement & therefore the credit should not have been changed. Whatever.

I need say no more except agree with what others have said. I will say one more thing though which I have said before & will continue to say. There is more to the song than the music. A great deal more. It is not just about the guitar work. In fact I would go so far to say that for me it is the opposite. The lyrics still intrigue me as do the vocals & drums, but I know the guitar work so well that it's over familiar now.
    Glenn told Felder to come up with an acoustic introduction. Congrats to Glenn for his ingenious idea. However, it appeared that this was all it was as the task and responsibility was totally left up to Felder to develope, construct and execute this idea.

IMHO Don Felder has conducted himself with poise, grace and dignity throughout an ordeal that would have caused many others to crumble. I have watched several interviews with him as well as the other Eagles. My conclusion, like others, is that I would rather have dinner with Don Felder than anyone else in this band.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Heartattack, about 99% of the regulars on this board respect, appreciate, and like Don Felder. That is why there are threads dedicated to him on this site. Acknowledged, there is ALOT of robust discussion about how he has handled things, how Henley and Frey handled things, details about songwriting credits, etc...but the bottom line is that given the opportunity, pretty much everyone on here would jump at the chance to share a meal with Don Felder. The people on here go to his solo shows and post information about him. If you're looking for a Don Felder-hating message board, you've come to the wrong place. If you're looking to make people respect Don Felder, you're preaching to the choir.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    How was it 'behind his back'? He was in the band at the time. He presumably could have objected & didn't.
    #1 It's not like we were there so we don't really know WHAT he objected to.

#2 I personally believe Felder objected to quite a lot of stuff that was going on around him and that is why he is no longer with the band. Just stating the obvious...

#3 I love every single one of those guys anyway. Chill out, Peeps!

Stuck on the Border

I don't think I've posted a comment in this thread before. If I have, I've probably said the same thing. Arranging or rearranging a song has nothing to do with writing the song. Well, maybe it has if the new arrangement brings new melodies and lyrics. But I still don't think the arranger's name would be there before the original writers. And anyway, the new HC didn't have new melodies or lyrics.
    If Glenn decides to do an acoustic version of HC, it has nothing to do with the writing of the song. Plus Don F still initiated it. It should still have been Felder/Henley/Frey IMO. Different arrangements are done all the time, but as far as I know the credits remain the same unless it's partly a new song.