Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's voice

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Default Glenn's voice

I didn't see a thread on this so forgive me if there already is one! I just wanted to share my favorite Glenn moments in Eagles songs! (I don't have any of his solo stuff)

My favorite is how he sings the line from Doolin-Dalton, "Well the towns led across the dusty plains, like graveyards filled with tombstones, waitin' for the names"...ahhh!! I just LOVE how his voice sounds there!!

Also, this isn't a part he sings but at the end of Already Gone when he says, "Alright, nighty night"!

And of course 'Lighten up, while you still can"

Default Re: Glenn's voice

I'm right on with you there! I'll post more of mine later. No time at the moment.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ITA with you on those too, ALA. I also have quite a few others to add when I get more time, but the first one to pop into my head is how he sings I Volunteer - the whole song is meltworthy to me.

This is a good idea for a thread - we should have one for all of the guys if we don't already. We've obviously discussed this stuff plenty on the board, but it's probably spread throughout many threads.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Glenn's voice (to me) is very beautiful, unique, and perfect. I can listen to his vocals everyday and not get tired of them. He has been my favvie Eagle 'cause of this reason. I love how he can change his vocals like on Out of Control and Somebody Else. But when I listen to Walk in the Dark, I just melt (like most of his songs). Angelic voice!!!!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

As I put in the review threads, one thing that just amazes me is his versatility. He can stand in front of that microphone and croon The Shadow of Your Smile with the sweetest voice and then a little while later he's singing/growling out Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Mmm yes that growl is amazing. The versitle of his voice is perfect!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You can hear that growl too in 'Somebody' which I was lucky enough to see him perform live 3 times. Then the gorgeous melting chocolate quality of it when he is singing 'For Sentimental Reasons'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

If I were to start about this I would be here all day. I will have to give it some thought except that for me, the After Hours album is the best singing he has ever done.

My favourite vocal of his in the Eagles is New Kid In Town. As for favourite moments I don't really see it that way. I do have one that stands out which is 'I look at you/your whole life stands before you' in POMPOY. He sounds very vulnerable there. The emotion is raw.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

I posted in another thread that I just heard Smugglers Blues for the first time and I loved it immediately! His voice is so awesome in that! I am definitely going to check out more of his solo stuff now. I feel kind of bad that when I first joined this forum a few weeks ago, I stated that I didn't think his voice or Don's voice was very special, but that's only because I got so into Randy's right away, and you know how you focus on one thing, you don't notice other things! So now i'm going to check out all of Glenn's solo stuff!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

To me, the magic of the Eagles is the fact they all have such incredible voices. Even Joe, his voice isn't 'money' or 'sweet' or something that will get written up in a review, but it's unique. Together, they are beyond words. Solo, they are all still pretty incredible.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.