Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's voice

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn's voice

OHHHH yes. When they blend their voices together, it's just beyound imaginable. They are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of the solo stuff is awesome as well!!!!!!!! I'm loving Bernie's voice too. LOL I'm way too obsessed with Glenn's though. LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    To me, the magic of the Eagles is the fact they all have such incredible voices. Even Joe, his voice isn't 'money' or 'sweet' or something that will get written up in a review, but it's unique. Together, they are beyond words. Solo, they are all still pretty incredible.
    from your lips to God's ears VA...that they "all" have incredible voices...if you know what I mean...

Stuck on the Border

I agree that they all have great voices. However, as this thread is about Glenn's voice here are a couple more of my favourite moments:

I'm Getting Old Before My Time - 'my bones just creak'. This should be the opposite of sexy but it's about the sexiest piece of singing I can think of.

I Wanna Be Around - 'like you, LIKE YOU, broke mine'! Sigh.

Here's To Life - all of it but especially 'to dreamers & their dreams' & 'every joy it brings'.

Route 66 - the casual, cool way he sings the title. It's more intense live but wow, it works.

Same Girl - all of it, especially 'a few more nights on the street, that's all'.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Same Girl - all of it, especially 'a few more nights on the street, that's all'.
    ...THAT song in particular...Glenn's voice just gives me the chills

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Sadler View Post
    ...THAT song in particular...Glenn's voice just gives me the chills
    I'm glad I am not the only one. Live, it was just beyond moving.

From the Eagles I should mention the entire Grammy winning performances of Lyin' Eyes & Heartache Tonight.

There are many others. As I said I could write about this all day. The man has been my favourite singer since 1977 & I can never do him sufficient justice.

Great choices, FP! I agree with all of them, esp "Same Girl" & the lines in "Here's To Life"!

I particularly like the way he gets into the "Beat around the bushes" verse of Heartache Tonight. Also can't forget "it's a gir,l my Lord, in a flatbed Ford slowin' down to take a look at me".

I can see I have to delve deeper into the Eagles/Frey catalog, seeing all these lists.

Just have to add I love his voice and phrasing on "Ol' 55." "The cars are all passing me, the trucks are all flashing me; I'm headed home from your place"--just the way he splits the syllables of "place"--the emotion as it leads into the chorus. The same when "...pulled away slowly, feeling so ho-ly"--just his phrasing and breathing in "slowly" and "holy"--it's strong, but not forced or two much. And even in the harmony at the end, when he adds "Yes it is..." Nice emphasis.
    He doesn't oversing it, knowing the power is in the song's structure and lyrics--just the perfect tone and slight melancholy in his voice.

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I loved after hours off his new CD. The whole song is beautiful but this section makes me melt

When I see the quiet street
    I always think of her
    Not the way she is now
    But the way that she was then
    Sometimes you can't go back again

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Here's To Life - all of it but especially 'to dreamers & their dreams' & 'every joy it brings'.
    You already know I'm going to completely agree with you on all of them, but especially this one!

The opening note of The Good Life, where he goes from vibrato to 'straight' is pretty incredible, too.

I think my favorite song to listen to purely for his voice with the Eagles is What Do I Do With My Heart. Maybe because to me it's the best of his voice and the best of Don's voice.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I can see I have to delve deeper into the Eagles/Frey catalog, seeing all these lists.

Just have to add I love his voice and phrasing on "Ol' 55." "The cars are all passing me, the trucks are all flashing me; I'm headed home from your place"--just the way he splits the syllables of "place"--the emotion as it leads into the chorus. The same when "...pulled away slowly, feeling so ho-ly"--just his phrasing and breathing in "slowly" and "holy"--it's strong, but not forced or two much. And even in the harmony at the end, when he adds "Yes it is..." Nice emphasis.
    He doesn't oversing it, knowing the power is in the song's structure and lyrics--just the perfect tone and slight melancholy in his voice.
    I really love this song too!! I agree about his voice in it! The chorus gives me chills, "and now the sun's comin' up" that line especially!