Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's voice

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn's voice

The After Hours c.d. is the way to go if you want to experience his voice first. I love that his voice is more sophisticated when he is getting older. The whole After Hours c.d. gave me chills as well. LOL especially listening to it through the earphones. What Do I Do With My Heart is another song that just gives me chills. I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF GLENN'S BEAUTIFUL VOICE!!!!!!!!!!! All of his solo collection is wonderful and incredible too like Part of Me, Part of You.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Oh my. So many stellar moments, it's hard to choose. Ol' 55 and What Do I Do With My Heart are up there, but the one that stands out for me is After the Thrill is Gone. The longing, loss and disappointment are so tangible in his vocal on that song you just want to give him a hug!

For growly-n'-hot, nothing can beat the live version of Smuggler's Blues that's on the Pittsburgh 1994 bootleg. I think it's over on EOC somewhere. That clip turns me into a quivering puddle every time.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

ITA, WE, with what you've said. Watching him perform Somebody back in 2008 was growly-n-hot, too.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I think he delivers a terrific vocal on the little-known "This Way to Happiness" off of his Solo Collection. It's exuberant, heart-felt, powerful, and versatile - the way he sings "Lord I've been searchin' for what seems like forever now" is terrific, just the right combo of rough and smooth. Another great moment: "Like an angel from above, you came down and rescued me." That's just a couple of many. He really goes full-throttle on it.

On Amazon you can listen to a sample of it here: http://www.amazon.com/Solo-Collectio...olo+collection

But I say just buy the track for $1.29 - it's worth it!

It's also available on iTunes if you prefer that, and there's a longer, better sample excerpt in the iTunes store if you just want to listen to a clip.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think he delivers a terrific vocal on the little-known "This Way to Happiness" off of his Solo Collection. It's exuberant, heart-felt, powerful, and versatile - the way he sings "Lord I've been searchin' for what seems like forever now" is terrific, just the right combo of rough and smooth. Another great moment: "Like an angel from above, you came down and rescued me." That's just a couple of many. He just goes full-throttle on it.
    One of my absolute favorite Glenn songs. When I was getting into the Eagles in the 90s, I bought the Solo Collection and instantly fell in love with that song.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

For showcasing his voice, my favourites are:

What Do I Do With My Heart ("No one could ever love you the way I do" just breaks my heart, and then when he and Don sing together at the end - the "oooh" after "I'll love you to death do us part" - oh my!!). This song has edged out the glorious New Kid In Town as my absolute favourite Glenn Eagles lead - possibly because I like the story better.

Same Girl - this was unbelievably haunting live, I still had it going through my head a week later.

And for Glenn's yummy growly voice - Out of Control!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think he delivers a terrific vocal on the little-known "This Way to Happiness" off of his Solo Collection. It's exuberant, heart-felt, powerful, and versatile - the way he sings "Lord I've been searchin' for what seems like forever now" is terrific, just the right combo of rough and smooth. Another great moment: "Like an angel from above, you came down and rescued me." That's just a couple of many. He really goes full-throttle on it.

On Amazon you can listen to a sample of it here: http://www.amazon.com/Solo-Collectio...olo+collection

But I say just buy the track for $1.29 - it's worth it!

It's also available on iTunes if you prefer that, and there's a longer, better sample excerpt in the iTunes store if you just want to listen to a clip.
    I agree with this but I also love the vocal in Call On Me because it's so sexy.

Regarding WDIDWMH it is so rare to hear him do improvisation because that is Don's speciality (see OOTN, HITW). He sounds so passionate.

Of the other LROOE vocals, Somebody is a tour de force. It's riveting.

You feel the empathy as he sings You Are Not Alone with such compassion & understanding.

It's Your World Now.... I'm so glad he got to 'close' an Eagles album at last. I thought at the time it may be the last vocal he might ever do! It still may be his last Eagles vocal, who knows? It's elegiac & full of nostalgia for the past but confidence about the future ('be part of something good/leave something good behind).

I Love To Watch A Woman Dance - I know not everybody shares my passion for this song but the vocal is pure Puddle Of Goo.

Going back to After Hours the way he builds up the urgency of The Look Of Love is fascinating. It starts off rather tentative as if the protagonist is still getting to know his lover. The heartbreaking way he sings 'don't ever go/I love you so' at the end is wonderful.

I told you it was hard to stop me on this subject.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

If all that wasn't enough, there's his speaking voice. I could listen to him for hours and all he'd need to do is recite the phone book. A long time ago, back when I still had my first cat, I was listening to some of Glenn's music and I absentmindedly reached down to pet the cat that was begging for attention. After a little while I looked down and realized the look on his face was about the same as mine. I'm pretty sure that if it were possible, I'd purr when listening to Glenn speak or sing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL I could do this forever as well!!!!!!!! His speaking voice is what I call an eargasm. LOL. I could listen to him for hours and just be in Heaven. LOL his voice is so passionate and so quiet. I catch myself watching some interviews on the computer and just be in awe of him and his voice. MMMMMMM he has it all. Love all the songs he sings and that hott, speaking voice. MMMMMMMMMM

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's Your World Now.... I'm so glad he got to 'close' an Eagles album at last. I thought at the time it may be the last vocal he might ever do! It still may be his last Eagles vocal, who knows? It's elegiac & full of nostalgia for the past but confidence about the future ('be part of something good/leave something good behind).

I've often thought It's Your World Now would be the perfect father-of-the-bride dance song. Too bad I'm already married!