Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I no longer am happy with my favorite band

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Why I no longer am happy with my favorite band

Vector, I don't see anything in your response to support your assertion that Mesiner received "pennies in the dollar". Rather, you bring up completely different points claiming two or more sources but providing none.

Back in the 70s, shares in Eagles Ltd were probably not worth a "King's Ransom" although I agree they would have been worth far more by 2001.

Leadon is probably happy with the income he received in part because he seems to be that kind of guy but also that it's a lot better than most of his music contempories were able to achieve.

I haven't come across the phrase "change three to earn a fee" in any Eagles material I've found. Felder used "change a word to gain a third" and attributed it to Bernie and Randy but I've never seen it as a direct quote from either of them. Nearly all bands argue about songwriting credits and I expect Henley and Frey would have claimed that their polishing made a better song and that contributed to its success. Anyway, the number of songs where Henley-Frey share a credit with Leadon or Meisner are very few, so it can't be that big a deal.

When it comes to things like the "change a word" accusation and the complaint about no Meisner or Leadon songs beng performed on HFO, I find it's worth looking at the actual songwriting credits and trying to see specifically which songs they might be talking about. You'll find a very small number of candidates.

Stuck on the Border

Vector - Then, you have not seen or read all the interviews. Go back and read "Don F. and the Press" for yourself. I have no reason to make anything up ! Go through his FB posts to see the numerous comments that I referred to (that is if things aren't deleted like he did the twitter comments).
    You act as if Marc Eliot's book is gospel. You take every statement by him and Don Felder as fact. When in fact, there are numerous inaccuracies including family information and dates in Eliot's book. And, he went so far as to state the Super Bowl is in October, which is incredible considering even most Americans (which he is) who are not football fans know it is in late January or early February depending on that seasons schedule.
    Don Felder was not with Don and Glenn when they wrote all those Eagles songs. Felder is the one who made the snide comment about the credit for the song writing. He was not there ! No matter what people say, you continue to believe only what Eliot and Felder say.
    I have been an Eagles fan since 1972, when I first heard TIE in HS. I don't claim to be an authority. However, I do know what I am talking about when I refer to Don F's interviews through the years that I have read and seen. If you doubt me, check with Soda, Dreamer and others who are "Eagles Experts". Or, better yet, read the press section where all the Felder inaccuracies are pointed out. It is very easy to smile and act polite when a person is being interviewed. That dose not mean the person is a good, kind or speaking the truth. It just mean they are good with interviews. In the last six to eight months since Glenn's passing, Don F. has toned down his statements and has finally sometimes refused to discuss Glenn and his passing.
    The story regarding Randy and Don F. performing was from a "fake news" gossip site. None of it has been confirmed. From everything I have read Randy is too ill to perform. In addition, I can not see Don Henley sharing a stage with Don Felder no what people want or speculate about. My guess would be Bernie, Jackson, Vince Gill, and perhaps Garth Brooks. Someone here said JD is booked for at least one of the Classic weekends, so unless he cancels his concerts, I cannot see JD being there. As to Randy and his financial situation, read my earlier post. His ex-wife gets almost half his income. That is not Don and Glenn's fault. It was part of his divorce settlement.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-10-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Just a quick post, but will elaborate/respond a little later.

I am not saying anyone is lying, as it would make little sense to do so.

It is just that I have not heard Felder bad mouth anyone in the band, even when being baited to do so.
    We have all obviously watched/heard the Stern & Lange interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhXDx65h-7M

Around 6:30 they start asking about the Eagles and Felder says nothing but complimentary things about Frey & Henley.

Others are all over YT, and none seem to support Felder trashing his bandmates.

So when I ask for links to what someone claims, it is not a challenge to their veracity. Rather an attempt to see what is claiming to have been said, the context, and the credibility of the reporting source. Some tabloids or so called reporters just try to stir things up to sell themselves.
    I'd have thought that if someone said despicable things about Frey passing(no matter who it was), it would have been all over the legit news.

Also, as I alluded to, if there is to be a concert with all the former Eagles, why would Henley allow Felder to be on stage after having said the things you'll heard/read about?

`
    Last edited by Vector; 04-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    `

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    J
    Also, as I alluded to, if there is to be a concert with all the former Eagles, why would Henley allow Felder to be on stage after having said the things you'll heard/read about?

`
    NKIT answered this just above your post. There is no credible source for there being a concert with all former Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Just a quick post, but will elaborate/respond a little later.

I am not saying anyone is lying, as it would make little sense to do so.

It is just that I have not heard Felder bad mouth anyone in the band, even when being baited to do so.
    We have all obviously watched/heard the Stern & Lange interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhXDx65h-7M

Around 6:30 they start asking about the Eagles and Felder says nothing but complimentary things about Frey & Henley.

Others are all over YT, and none seem to support Felder trashing his bandmates.

So when I ask for links to what someone claims, it is not a challenge to their veracity. Rather an attempt to see what is claiming to have been said, the context, and the credibility of the reporting source. Some tabloids or so called reporters just try to stir things up to sell themselves.
    I'd have thought that if someone said despicable things about Frey passing(no matter who it was), it would have been all over the legit news.

`
    You have been pointed to the Felder in the Press thread where there have been many interviews posted which have Felder mouthing off about how unfair 'the Gods' were. But why bother linking to them? You will continue to say that someone had an agenda & is not credible. You only want your own prejudices confirmed.

Have you read his book? That is a good place to start. Edit; you claim at the start of this thread you DID read it. Interesting. However, I am not going to get involved in a yes it is, no it isn't debate with you when I already know your views. Sorry.

You talk about social media posts being all over the 'legit news'. Why? Why would the 'legit news' report a whole bunch of people being nasty? What is newsworthy about that?

I have eased off on posting here, but it seems that you want everything to be handed to you without doing any investigation yourself. There is no point anyone offering you a different opinion because as far as you are concerned yours is the only one which counts.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-10-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Stuck on the Border

thank you under the wire and frey power

Why are you guys even bothering to reply to Vector? Look at the start date of this thread. 2013. He has been trolling for years. And the same arguments he made in his first posts four years ago, arguments which have long since been refuted, he continues to repeat.

He's messing with you all. You don't debate Vector. You don't convince him of anything. You don't accomplish anything. Your replies only serve as a platform for him to spout the same ill-supported inaccurate information,the same inflammatory comments, the same inane replies over and over and over again.

He knows what he's saying isn't accurate. He knows he's making up half this stuff and distorting the other half. Getting the facts straight isn't the point. The point is to annoy you, even anger you, so that you will reply to him. He's so desperate for replies he links to this thread in his signature! I mean, who does that?! Seriously!

Take a look at this man who's eating up so much of your time and energy, who's getting off on pushing your buttons. Ask yourself: "Is it worth it?"

If there were ever an exemplar of the maxim "Don't Feed the Trolls", it's Vector.

Let this ancient thread die.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGNZnfKYnU[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Why are you guys even bothering to reply to Vector? Look at the start date of this thread. 2013. He has been trolling for years. And the same arguments he made in his first posts four years ago, arguments which have long since been refuted, he continues to repeat.

He's messing with you all. You don't debate Vector. You don't convince him of anything. You don't accomplish anything. Your replies only serve as a platform for him to spout the same ill-supported inaccurate information,the same inflammatory comments, the same inane replies over and over and over again.

THANK YOU, SODA!! The unsavory direction of this thread was making me cringe. Obviously this guy was baiting--and it worked. I get there are people who don't like Don Felder; as the millenials say, "haters gonna hate." But why pick on Randy? Has he not suffered enough? Geez!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Question Re: Why I no longer am happy with my favorite band

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You have been pointed to the Felder in the Press thread where there have been many interviews posted which have Felder mouthing off about how unfair 'the Gods' were. But why bother linking to them? You will continue to say that someone had an agenda & is not credible. You only want your own prejudices confirmed.

Have you read his book? That is a good place to start. Edit; you claim at the start of this thread you DID read it. Interesting. However, I am not going to get involved in a yes it is, no it isn't debate with you when I already know your views. Sorry.

You talk about social media posts being all over the 'legit news'. Why? Why would the 'legit news' report a whole bunch of people being nasty? What is newsworthy about that?

I have eased off on posting here, but it seems that you want everything to be handed to you without doing any investigation yourself. There is no point anyone offering you a different opinion because as far as you are concerned yours is the only one which counts.
    You took all that time to type out your objections to my viewpoint, yet cannot even take a few seconds to link me the thread you are talking about?
    Unlike you or some here, I am not a regular to where I know where every thread is.
    More importantly, many threads are voluminous, so do you really expect me to read every post trying to find various things you and a few others are referring to?
    `

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

He knows what he's saying isn't accurate. He knows he's making up half this stuff and distorting the other half. Getting the facts straight isn't the point. The point is to annoy you, even anger you, so that you will reply to him. He's so desperate for replies he links to this thread in his signature! I mean, who does that?! Seriously!

Take a look at this man who's eating up so much of your time and energy, who's getting off on pushing your buttons. Ask yourself: "Is it worth it?"

If there were ever an exemplar of the maxim "Don't Feed the Trolls", it's Vector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGNZnfKYnU
    You know Soda, you of all people should appreciate some of my more recent tone, rather than try to pigeon hole me as some type of a troll. I have had some positive things to say about your guy, and even projecting what I'd hope he would have done had he survived from his illness. How you miss that is beyond me.
    To characterize me in the manner you have is not only unfair, but not in keeping with your own admonishments as to the civility of the forum. Presumably, you of all people should appreciate that.

I would point out how hypocritical it is pointing out the time this thread has been going, since adulation threads on nothing more than the looks of the guys (long since diminished), their birthdays, and other banal stuff (presumably thought of as positive) have been going for much longer.

Here I am looking for a way back to enjoy the Eagles again, and I am criticized and ridiculed for not being part of Henley/Frey worship club.
    Heck if anything, you should appreciate how I at least empathize with how Frey is being diminished by Henley with this potential new tour that looks to treat him like he never existed. I don't think that way, but can see how you and others might.

`
    `