Thread: Terrorism at Glasgow Airport

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree tf, this is terrifying. I guess we can take some comfort in the fact that these recent attempts have been unsuccessful, but it still makes you wonder if it's just a matter of time before something happens again. The world is sometimes a very scary place.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

This comes in the wake of two car bombs being discovered and defused in London. One was outside a nightclub and would have wreaked devastation. I fear these are reprisals against Salman Rushdie's recent knighthood, which many people here think was undiplomatic, to put it mildly. Certainly, I am thinking twice about going to meetings in London now.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I heard that in the news today. Terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    This comes in the wake of two car bombs being discovered and defused in London. One was outside a nightclub and would have wreaked devastation. I fear these are reprisals against Salman Rushdie's recent knighthood, which many people here think was undiplomatic, to put it mildly. Certainly, I am thinking twice about going to meetings in London now.
    I don't understand the knighting of Salman Rushdie. I've nothing against him but he certainly stirred up a hornet's nest with his novel "Satanic Verses" and he's cost the British tax-payer megabucks for police protection all these years.

The thing I found laughable was when there were massive book-burnings of SV and the majority of those burning the books hadn't even read the book
    I want total sensory deprivation and back-up drugs :O)