Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

Is Bernie married? He could be trying to pull as many hot chicks as possible while he's touring with the Eagles...couple hours to spare in his dressing room...oh that's gross, sorry. (He could pull them, though. Hot ones). E32013, Bernie-style!!! Oh I have got to go to bed.

(p.s. I just tried to find out the answer to my question on Wikipedia, and in the factual information in the little box on the right they list "his" website as bernieleadononline.com - it's Soda's. Classic.)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No, mc - I don't believe Bernie is currently married. I doubt if he has any trouble filling his time for an hour or so while the rest of the band is on stage during the 2nd set. Nowadays, I'd bet he does very different stuff with his free time than he would've back in the day - probably boring stuff like reading a book or watching TV. But, who knows, he may still be chasing chicks - ya just never can tell about these things.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Chillin' with... milk and cookies!
    I like this idea best!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Has anyone else wondered how Bernie travels on this tour? Is he with the crew? The 4 Eagles? On his own and he just meets up with them? I saw the video of the guys getting off the plane in Nova Scotia and I don't remember seeing him get off and go to a vehicle...We need a mole (for this and many other questions!)

That's a very interesting question, MC. Of course, I have no idea, but I would think between breaks that he would just meet up with them since he lives in Nashville. However, it seems like it would be more practical for him to travel with the band during the tour. I don't remember seeing him in that Nova Scotia video either though. I don't recall if there was a break at that point or not.

Anyway, Bernie has been traveling with the band for six months now. I so hope he continues with the band throughout the entire HOTE tour. Wouldn't it be cool to know how his current contract with the band is structured? I wonder if there was a trial period to see how things worked out with Bernie on the tour? It sure seems like they are all having a good time with it so far.

Crew hotel, or 4 Eagles hotel (I would hope Eagles)? Star dressing room, or regular?

I'll bet the agreement is long and detailed!! It would be a real shame if he weren't on board for the entire tour.

Stuck on the Border

As he isn't actually a member of the Eagles he may have backing band status. Surely it would be higher than 'crew'. I don't know how these things are worked out but if he wasn't in that Nova Scotia video then he doesn't have the same status as the four official Eagles do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As he isn't actually a member of the Eagles he may have backing band status. Surely it would be higher than 'crew'. I don't know how these things are worked out but if he wasn't in that Nova Scotia video then he doesn't have the same status as the four official Eagles do.
    Well I dunno, FP, if we can draw such conclusions from that one short video. I'm sure there are many times when all of the band members don't travel together. Just sayin' ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It doesn't matter what his official or legal status is, or what contract he signed to play on this tour. Bernie is and always will be a member of the Eagles, an original member. He plays on the first four Eagles' albums. Why is he being relegated to backing band status?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Springbo View Post
    It doesn't matter what his official or legal status is, or what contract he signed to play on this tour. Bernie is and always will be a member of the Eagles, an original member. He plays on the first four Eagles' albums. Why is he being relegated to backing band status?
    He is not technically a member of the Eagles NOW. He left the band in 1975 & in my view that makes him a former Eagle. The current members of the Eagles are Frey, Henley, Walsh & Schmit.

No offence or disrespct was meant by suggesting that if he isn't staying in the same accommodation as the four official members of the band he may be staying at the level the backing band stay at. Someone else raised this issue; I merely gave one possible option. I did not say that it was correct.