Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbo View Post
    It doesn't matter what his official or legal status is, or what contract he signed to play on this tour. Bernie is and always will be a member of the Eagles, an original member. He plays on the first four Eagles' albums. Why is he being relegated to backing band status?
    Of course, Bernie will always be an original member of the band. But he is NOT an official member of the band now. And, as Freypower said, no disrespect is intended by that - it is just a fact. The History of the Eagles Tour Book lists the Eagles as:

Glenn Frey
    Don Henley
    Joe Walsh
    Timothy B. Schmit

Bernie is listed with the backup band members as a 'special guest'. Unless Bernie is not okay with that, it seems to me that it's a non-issue and certainly nothing for anyone to be upset about.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

agree FP and Dreamer...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Yes, he is a former member, nothing complicated or controversial about that fact, right? Whatever the arrangements, they must be acceptable to him. But I doubt he's on their plane. Probably the same hotel, though.

Side note question: Don't you think the backing musicians travel on the same plane and stay in the same hotel as the road crew? Are they afforded some in-between status as far as these two logistical issues go? I'm sure they get dressing rooms and maybe upgraded hotel rooms, but I'm thinking they're treated the same as crew in the big picture. I have a friend who will know how this works, I can ask him...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Please do, Mary, but I've never seen the backing band and the crew at the same hotel, it's always been one or the other. However, my guess is it depends on the hotels, the size, the location, etc. I'm not convinced that Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timmy all stay in the same hotel in every city.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Here's an interesting video of someone who got to see them arrive at an airport for a concert. Evidently there were at least 2 planes. You'll see Timothy exiting the plane and walking to the right, to an SUV marked 1, and either Don or Glenn. Somewhere it's mentioned Joe was on another plane. Stuart can be seen pretty early on getting into the first group of SUVs. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFKeCyxWgI

In the 70's I worked in a hotel where a lot of celebrities/groups stayed and back then the key players stayed in the same hotel but the road crew were on buses sometimes with 2 crews traveling and setting up in different cities. Never saw any of the Eagles, darn it. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes eye-opening, and sometimes it was absolutely awful. I'll never forget how incredibly kind and polite The Average White Band guys were. And at the same time, my best friend was a flight attendant so she'd see a lot of tv/movie people before private planes became the norm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    agree FP and Dreamer...
    Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

How can you disagree with any of these posts? I had no idea that posting a question about Bernie's travel logistics could devolve into an existential discussion of whether he is currently in the Eagles or not. I think I can say with confidence that EVERYBODY on here admires, likes, and respects Bernie, and I don't think anyone is glad he left the Eagles. It is what it is. I've never seen anything negative said or written about him. There is no "us vs. them" situation here, I don't know why you try to turn it into that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Springbo View Post
    Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    Here you can't disagree springboo, don't you see that this is not a forum? It's a farce. I know I will be banned, but so many have fallen by the way...

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juana_vaina View Post
    Here you can't disagree springboo, don't you see that this is not a forum? It's a farce. I know I will be banned, but so many have fallen by the way...
    If you think it is such a farce, then why are you still here?
    We have guidelines...maybe you should read them. You don't get banned for following guidelines.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - let's stop with the negativity please. The point has been made. It's time to get this thread back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Side note question: Don't you think the backing musicians travel on the same plane and stay in the same hotel as the road crew? Are they afforded some in-between status as far as these two logistical issues go? I'm sure they get dressing rooms and maybe upgraded hotel rooms, but I'm thinking they're treated the same as crew in the big picture. I have a friend who will know how this works, I can ask him...
    MC, from my experiences, it just depends on the situation as VA said. I think most of the time, the band stays at a separate hotel than the backing musicians, but not always. I can think of several incidences where they stayed in the same hotel. I also know that there are times when the road crew and backing musicians stayed at the same hotel, but I don't know if that is the norm or not. It'll be interesting to get your friend's insight on this as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016