Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: 2013 Tour Reunion (true??)

Sorry, Springbo. I was tired and crabby last night and didn't understand why you would disagree with mods who took the time to explain to you the reality of Bernie's current role in the band. You came across as a little belligerent, but even though I started the discussion, it's really none of my business, so, sorry.

OK, here is my friend's response - totally in line with VA and Dreamer's thoughts, and interesting about the "A,B,C parties" - maybe that's what the Eagles do. And I can see how NYC vs. Saskatoon would result in different logistics. The thought that even the 4 guys might not stay in the same hotel - their travel agents need travel agents!
    Mary,

Short answer is it’s different on every tour.

U2 doesn’t have backing musicians so the band party is the 4 of them, security and the management entourage.

DM has 3 principal members and 2 touring band members. They all travel together on the same plan and stay at the same hotel.

When I toured with the Eurythmics, We had the A,B & C party. Artist, Band and Crew. Three separate travel schedules. Three separate hotels.

I hope all is well,
    C----

Edit: I'm an idiot. Just to demonstrate how tired and crabby I was last night, I just remembered he was with the Eagles on the European leg of HFO, and I failed to ask him specifically about that! I'll try again...oy...

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Here's an interesting video of someone who got to see them arrive at an airport for a concert. Evidently there were at least 2 planes. You'll see Timothy exiting the plane and walking to the right, to an SUV marked 1, and either Don or Glenn. Somewhere it's mentioned Joe was on another plane. Stuart can be seen pretty early on getting into the first group of SUVs. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFKeCyxWgI

In the 70's I worked in a hotel where a lot of celebrities/groups stayed and back then the key players stayed in the same hotel but the road crew were on buses sometimes with 2 crews traveling and setting up in different cities. Never saw any of the Eagles, darn it. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes eye-opening, and sometimes it was absolutely awful. I'll never forget how incredibly kind and polite The Average White Band guys were. And at the same time, my best friend was a flight attendant so she'd see a lot of tv/movie people before private planes became the norm.
    Interesting - thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Kinda related, I guess, so I might as well ask. Back in the HFO era / tour, bearing in mind the events of the last 14 years and ongoing tensions, did each member use individual hotels / transport (not planes obviously) to get about or could they abide each other enough to actually be in the same building together? I'm assuming they're a lot more laid back now than they were back in the mid-90s.

I think Felder said they all had separate SUVs, but the five band members stayed in the same hotel.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten