Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don's women

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Don's women

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've never read anything about him hooking up with Trisha Yearwood. Of course, I could have just missed it.

I haven't either, but there has been some conjecture and misinformation posted and that bothers me. I have no personal or firsthand knowledge as to her character, but I do know:
    She does volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity. I believe her last efforts were helping to build housing in Haiti. She could simply write a check, but she "walks the walk" and does the physical/manual labor.
    For the past 10 years or so, she has walked in the 3-day, 60 mile, Avon Walk for breast cancer. Again -- she could simply write a check.
    She has performed at the Joanne Woodward/Paul Newman benefit to raise funds for their "Hole In The Wall Gang" camp for kids with cancer.
    By all accounts she is a loving "bonus" mom to Garth's 3 daughters from his prior marriage and has put her successful career on hold to stay in Oklahoma and help raise them until the youngest enters college.

I don't understand how people can paint someone with a black brushstroke without any personal knowledge of their character. To voice hurtful and damaging unfounded opinions that have no basis in fact is unacceptable. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey
    I don't understand how people can paint someone with a black brushstroke without any personal knowledge of their character. To voice hurtful and damaging unfounded opinions that have no basis in fact is unacceptable. JMHO.
    Are you bothered that some have speculated that she hooked up with Don Henley in 1991/1992 when they were both officially unattached and single? What's so awful about that? You're right that there's no evidence for it, but even if it were true, it would hardly be considered "damaging" to her character unless one expected her to stay chaste until she remarried.

It is lovely that she's so generous with her time and is such a good mom.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In your first post, Soda, you list him as being with Sharon from 1991 - present. If that's true then he wasn't "unattached" in the time frame that is being discussed. Let's say he and Trisha never hooked up and have a platonic personal and business relationship. The posts that intimate otherwise with no basis in fact are IMO damaging to her character.

It's called dating!

Yes. If it's true. If it's not true then it's rumor and conjecture and IMO damaging.

OK, HH, we'll have to agree to disagree that a rumor that Trisha dated Don Henley while he was dating another women is "damaging" to her reputation. I appreciate that you are just trying to protect her and that our perceptions of what constitutes scandalous behavior in this instance are simply different (which I find quite ironic, lol). That's cool. I realize that your intentions are very sweet and come from a kind heart.

In that spirit, I reiterate for the record that I know of no proof that Trisha Yearwood dated Don Henley.

Gosh I hope I didn't start anything. I was simply saying she sounded flirty. I have no proof whatsoever that anything else happened. Plus I'm talking about a show she did around the mid to late 90s which of course would be after Don was married. Speaking for myself, I know that if there is a man I find attractive and especially admire, regardless of either of our marital status, it's not unlikely that I would playfully flirt. Nothing meant by it at all.
    I love and admire Trisha for her talents and her humanity. So please don't take my comment to mean I think for sure they "hooked up." And even if they did, it would not change my opinion of either of them.

You can be a good person and still make mistakes. Even if Trisha Yearwood slept with half the West Coast she would still be gold in my book for her generosity and caring. However in my mind getting with Don then would not be a mistake ~ it's not like he was married ~ but maybe I just have looser moral standards.

So for the record if anyone wants to spread a rumor that I had an affair with Don in the early nineties feel free!
    ~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post

So for the record if anyone wants to spread a rumor that I had an affair with Don in the early nineties feel free!
    I knew it was you! LOL Tsk tsk you bad girl.

Yeah you know it's not too far to Dallas.
    ~Sara