Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don's women

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Don's women

HB .....too funny .

DID anyone ever here of your 5 list???Maybe she or he were on each others lists...

Maren Jensen, huh? Small world--I just watched an 80s horror movie with her on Netflix Instant, "Deadly Messages," which would have been filmed during her "Don" era. Beautiful woman, but not much of an actress.

Apparently they're still friends, though, and there's the off rumblings out there that he helped set up her cosmetics business...?

Is it weird that I want to watch that movie just to see what his girlfriend looked like?

On second thought don't answer that.
    ~Sara

...then I wouldn't want to steer you wrong--it's actually called "Deadly Blessings""--early Wes Craven film where she married into this evil Amish-like sect, then they go after her when her husband does. Sharon Stone plays her vapid friend who keeps getting attacked by spider webs--good times.

She was in Battlestar Galactica too, but I think she was let go from that. Like I said, she's was quite quite striking, but not a master of the craft of acting. I think while they were dating she came down with Chronic Fatigue Synrome, and he nursed her back to health....

Maren, back in the day. I think they were dating when she made the Killer Amich movie....

ETA: A Battlestar website has a snippet from a '91 interview he did with GQ, where she was interviewed--that was 6 years after thy role up, so must still have been friendly:
    Apparently her health collapse happened at same time as his incident with the 16-year-old at the house----
    "The incident had a cruel corollary; it came as Henley’s girlfriend, Maren Jensen, was in Dallas filming a horror movie-and unbeknownst to her, was becoming one of the first people in Hollywood to suffer the debilitating effects of Epstein-Barr syndrome. “I was Patient Zero at the time,” recalls Jensen, who has since recovered. “It was a really tough period, in my life and in his as well. I was so young, and to have so many different things bombarding me all at once, it was overwhelming. But we hung in there; we had a lot of love for each other.

“I stood by her and she stood by me,” says Henley, who spent some months caring for the bedridden Jensen-but he admits that, given his own change-of-career worries, his behavior wasn’t exactly flawless. “I was freaked out, and while I was attentive and supportive, I didn’t exactly come home when I was supposed to, ‘cause I was traumatized. Kootch and I were just guzzling scotch and vodka; we’d record until three in the morning and then go to my house, sit up with bottles and tell each other how great we are, just to bolster our confidence. . . and poor Maren would get up at eight o’clock and here were these two drunken monsters: ‘Hi, bay-beh. . . whassss hap’nin’?’"

Don talks about things in that GQ interview he never talks about elsewhere... the 1980 scandal, Stevie's abortion... did this reporter slip him some Sodium Pentathol in his drink?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hmm I need to read that!

Thanks for the information AEW.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Is it weird that I want to watch that movie just to see what his girlfriend looked like?

On second thought don't answer that.
    no , the thought never entered my mind...lol

Out on the Border

I know that in the GQ interview that Don did he did mention Stevie Nicks and the abortion that she had, but I read elsewhere that she was really upset that he had disclosed something so personal. It really 'hurt her' that Don could do that, her words. Not so subtle, Don.

Out on the Border

Does anybody know more about don's wife Sharon? All I know is that she was from Texas, a model, lived in Paris. They've were dating from 1992, engaged from late 1992-3, married 1995 20 May, and they have 3 children. And she has M.S.

That's pretty much all I know about Sharon Henley, too. Actually I didn't know the Paris part.

Where did you get that Stevie quote from?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten