Thread: "Desperado" Chinese version released 15 years later after the original.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Out on the Border

Default "Desperado" Chinese version released 15 years later after the original.

Hi, it's me again, I thought I'd like to share you something here,.

I see a few main banners here of "Desperado" and its probably my favourite song of Eagles. I am not sure if you guys ever knew 1 thing. This title was once covered by a very famous Hong Kong artist back in the 80's named Anita Mui (the Hong Kong media & critics dubbed her as the Asian Madonna due of her image and song styles are similar) so I thought I'd share the song here for you guys in case you never listened.

This covered song was released in 1988, 15 years after the original which is considered a strange tactic and late release in Hong Kong because usually if there is a very popular song from Japan or Korea or US\UK, they would usually cover the classic song (in Chinese) within a year or two timespan. For example, as you may be aware, Air Supply "All Out Of Love" was a classic hit back in 1980 and then the following year 1981, a famous Hong Kong artist Alan Tam (kind of like Barry Manilow style), came along and covered this song. Then it eventually became an classic hit in the Hong Kong music industry as everyone know this song as well as the original version too.

Anyways, regarding to this song, to me, of course its not as good as the original version...but still....thought I'd like to share with you guys! =)

(The chinese song title is translated as "Let's not see each other"). In the end, Don Henely sings "You better let somebody love you.......you better love somebody love you.....before it's too late...."

In the chinese version, in the end, it is translated as "For you, I reject to see you......if we need to break up again.....I rather break up in order not to let you suffer" so it made sense why the chinese version is named as the song title as "Let's not see each other"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDcbC157uko"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDcbC157uko[/ame]

Enjoy
    Last edited by gobear; 04-24-2013 at 12:28 AM.