Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glenn at the Happiest Place on Earth...?

Default Re: Glenn at the Happiest Place on Earth...?

HH & VA, I agree with you both.

See, to me, it would have crossed the line into "obtrusive" or "insensitive" if he had actually interrupted Glenn's family time and said "Hey, I want a photo!" or made an obnoxious spectacle of himself taking the photo, calling Glenn's name, etc. From all accounts, he did it on the sly--probably just with his phone, from his table, over his shoulder--very quietly, not bothering Glenn or his kin. Like others here, have said, Andy himself is a celeb and knows what it's like to be pestered during private time, hence was it was done low-key and low-tech. Look at how blurry is is--if he hadn't said who it was, would anyone have know it was Glenn?

My impression it was posted out of "Gee Wiz!" sort of mentality--"Look who I was by!" No malicious intent, just a "You see the darnest people at Disney!" sort of thing. And as for calling attention to Glenn's private life--Andy mentions nothing about who Glenn was with or why. We all knew that and filled it in ourselves.

I think it's rather cute and fun--no harm done. In the days where Twitter is known more for vacuous sightings of Bieber and his renegade monkey or a starlet without underwear, it's nice to see a celebrity sighting by another celebrity, both of whom have talent, and value family time. To paraphrase Disney itself, "It's a small world afterall..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    See, to me, it would have crossed the line into "obtrusive" or "insensitive" if he had actually interrupted Glenn's family time and said "Hey, I want a photo!" or made an obnoxious spectacle of himself taking the photo, calling Glenn's name, etc. From all accounts, he did it on the sly--probably just with his phone, from his table, over his shoulder--very quietly, not bothering Glenn or his kin. Like others here, have said, Andy himself is a celeb and knows what it's like to be pestered during private time, hence was it was done low-key and low-tech. Look at how blurry is is--if he hadn't said who it was, would anyone have know it was Glenn?

My impression it was posted out of "Gee Wiz!" sort of mentality--"Look who I was by!" No malicious intent, just a "You see the darnest people at Disney!" sort of thing. And as for calling attention to Glenn's private life--Andy mentions nothing about who Glenn was with or why. We all knew that and filled it in ourselves.

I think it's rather cute and fun--no harm done. In the days where Twitter is known more for vacuous sightings of Bieber and his renegade monkey or a starlet without underwear, it's nice to see a celebrity sighting by another celebrity, both of whom have talent, and value family time. To paraphrase Disney itself, "It's a small world afterall..."
    That's what I tend to think.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I completely agree with you AEW21. I think it would be much worse to have interrupted his family time. Besides, chances are really great that Glenn didn't even notice it being taken.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I agree AEW21... It was just a picture. Not like he went up to him or bothered his meal with his family, just took a picture in a fairly public place. Lots of people do that when they are sitting next to someone like that from one celeb to another. JMO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Cute sighting, though I'd have thought the "thrill would be gone" (ha!) for the littlest Frey at Disney, but maybe I'm underestimating what 11/12-year-old boys lik there--is Harry Potter exhibit there? I always get Disneyland and -World confused. Maybe there for another friend-family event, who knows.
    Harry Potter World is at Universal Orlando. They're just about to start building the one at Universal Hollywood.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It's so blurry it's hard to tell, but Glenn has a hand in front of his face, and Deacon is leaning over so that the person beside him is hidden. I think they knew and were bothered, and the blurriness is from Andy trying to get in a quick pic while they were trying to hide themselves.

Even if they hadn't noticed, I'm sure they'd be bothered when it appeared all over Twitter. Given Glenn's intense dislike for social media and his lifelong aim for privacy, there's really no way it wouldn't bother him, IMO.

As for Andy being a celeb and knowing how it is, I'll just say that Andy has always come off to me as being someone who could care less about anything. That's the most polite way I can think of to put it. I've never heard him attempt to be polite or considerate, but that was back when he was with Conan the first time and I stopped watching because of him. I did think it was cute that he was awed enough to see Glenn that he wanted to sneak in a picture, but he seriously wouldn't care what Glenn thought of it, IMO.

Obviously we each have different opinions, and for me it comes down to a Golden-Rule-type of thing. If someone aimed a camera phone at me during a dinner I'd be in their face. I wouldn't do it to others because I wouldn't want it done to me. Andy is a bit of an attention hog, so I can where he'd think this was a great thing and he'd love it if someone did it to him.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

If they knew they were having their photo taken and were displeased, Glenn could have said something and Andy wouldn't have dared to post it. Even if Andy didn't care initially, Glenn is good at getting people to do what he wants. Either Glenn didn't know or he didn't care enough to say something.

And it's Don who hates social media and closely guards his privacy. Glenn has a Facebook. I think he's bemused by social media, but I don't remember him ever expressing "intense dislike" for it. If I've missed a quote where he's done so (which is always possible), please point me to it and I'll change my tune.

It's quite possible he wouldn't like the photo circulating and I understand what you're saying, but I try to be careful about putting opinions into Glenn's mouth that he hasn't actually expressed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I get the impression from Twitter that Andy and Conan discussed Glenn tonight. I missed the show, do no idea exactly what...?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I got the same impression from all the tweets this morning. Maybe his show will be online somewhere sometime today? I don't think I even know what network he's on.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.