Page 239 of 255 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2541

Thread: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Default Re: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Love that pic, Soda! Bernie and Randy are just like, "OK! Time to get our picture made! Smile!" Glenn and Don are ... you know, cool, man. LOL. Don's too cool to care, and Glenn's looking at the camera like, "Yes, I do have a harem."

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Thanks for posting the photo, Soda! At first glance it may appear that Bernie is just wearing a flannel shirt, but I believe he's wearing what was called a CPO jacket. The outside was styled like a flannel shirt, but inside they had a thick quilted lining. They were really pretty heavy. They were really popular around that time. I remember my brothers having them. You can see that Bernie is wearing checked button up under it.

Don looks very GQ in the pea coat and scarf. Glenn looks very 70's hot and a little bad... Randy looks cute, but like his mom told him to make sure he buttoned all of his buttons up and wrap up his "muffler"..."you'll catch your death of a cold"!

I really like this photo. I like the early publicity shots that looked more natural and not so styled. When I looked back at the photos from concert advertisements from the concerts I attended, I could really see the change. The ad for the 1975 concert that was supposed to take place in April had the guys just standing together. Glenn is smiling, with his arms crossed. Glenn and Don are wearing plaid shirts, Randy and Don F are wearing jackets over shirts and Bernie is wearing a tee. By the time the concert was rescheduled for August, the photo accompanying the ad was the very stylized one with Glenn's long beautiful hair. The one that everyone around here says looks like a shampoo ad. And while I think the guys all look great in it, it's way too "glamour shots" for me.
    Learn something new every day - thanks My My!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Love that pic, Soda! Bernie and Randy are just like, "OK! Time to get our picture made! Smile!" Glenn and Don are ... you know, cool, man. LOL. Don's too cool to care, and Glenn's looking at the camera like, "Yes, I do have a harem."
    lol!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Hey Pippin, nice to see you again!!

I have a question to th'ow (Southern for throw) out there: does anyone know where the infamous boat pictures were taken? Or as it's referred to on Ebay TOPLESS EAGLES. I saw a caption from an unknown source that said Chicago. Chicago?! That sure as heck doesn't look like Chicago. It looks like Biscayne Bay in Miami.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - Since many of us are experiencing a mini heat wave after last week's arctic wave, let's go there. NMB - I assume that this is the famous boat photo shoot that you are referring to rather than the one during The Long Run era. However, I have no idea where this was taken. A little voice inside my head is telling me that The Long Run era photo shoot was off the coast of Catalina Island, but I don't remember ever hearing about where this was ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Hey Pippin, nice to see you again!!

I have a question to th'ow (Southern for throw) out there: does anyone know where the infamous boat pictures were taken? Or as it's referred to on Ebay TOPLESS EAGLES. I saw a caption from an unknown source that said Chicago. Chicago?! That sure as heck doesn't look like Chicago. It looks like Biscayne Bay in Miami.
    Hi NMB ! Rolling Stone indicates they were filmed in Chicago on a boat in Lake Michigan in 1975.
    Dreamer, I believe(from what I have read) the LR era pictures were filmed on Joe's boat.

Gosh. Wow, color me surprised. Thank you, New Kid.

Stuck on the Border

Hi NMB ! According to article, they were in Chicago doing publicity and a concert there for the OOTN album.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I didn't remember ever reading about where that OOTN photo shoot took place, but I didn't think it was Miami or California because of the color of the water. And NKIT - I think I do remember a little TLR photo shoot story and I also seem to recollect that they were on Joe's boat.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I went to a Barrett-Jackson car auction this past weekend, and saw this beauty for sale. Joe, Glenn and Randy signed the CD; Don Henley signed a concert ticket. Asking $4,500 which I cannot currently swing.

This is new for me, hadn't seen it before https://imgur.com/a/hyqyGOx

[img]http://imgur.com/a/hyqyGOx#Ph5iaiK[/img]

[img]https://imgur.com/a/hyqyGOx#Ph5iaiK[/img]

Oh gosh, sorry I'm making a mess of this. It's the cover of a 1976 issue of Record World; all the fellas are making silly faces.