Page 136 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2541

Thread: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Stevie likes to give people crescent moon pendants and crystals and stuff like that. I don't see her giving him an Eagles ring, but who knows.

I wonder if it was the photographer's idea, which would explain why Glenn is also wearing some Eagles jewelry he normally doesn't sport.

As for the Don and Glenn tux photo, their hair looks a lot like it does in this 1990 photo:

I'd guess it's pre-HFO when Glenn's hair was longer, post End of the Innocence when Don had a ponytail. That puts it from 1990-1993.

I'd even narrow it down further - Don is sporting a full beard in this photo from 1991, which I think makes it likely that this photo is from 1990. However, since he could have just shaved the beard, this could have been taken later... still, I'm going with 1990.

Also, Don looks like one of the guests rather than the center of attention. Still, Don is dressed up more with the white tie. Maybe he just felt like getting a bit more spiffy.

Glenn got married in 1990, but somehow I don't see him wearing sunglasses to his own wedding reception, or sitting at a table with Don drinking wine - I'd imagine he and Cindy would be together feeding each other cake and all that. Again, though, one never knows! The timeline would fit.

I think you're onto something with the 1990 photo! does look like the same time period!

I'd say it looks like a wedding reception for sure. Glenn's? maybe? but he looks far too relaxed and "cool" if you ask me haha
    and i think those are actually just glasses of water...not wine.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

That definitely looks like the head table at a wedding behind them. But, I don't get the vibe that it is either of their weddings. Agree with T&H that they are both too relaxed. Maybe a mutual friend's wedding, and Don was in the wedding party? He might be kneeling next to Glenn, like he popped by to say hi? 1990 time frame...do we think they were invited to each others weddings? I'm thinking no.

Someone above asked when was Irving's wedding?

We are such good detectives.

Stuck on the Border

Irving's wedding was in 1978, so not that.

The Walden Woods benefit was 24 or 25 April 1990. At that time, Don said that once he'd finished his tour, he and Glenn would be getting together to write. The tour finished July 21st (according to setlist).

The Rolling Stone photo would obviously have to have been taken before the magazine went to print. If it's a monthly magazine, maybe two weeks before issue? That puts the yellow photo as roughly August 1990.

Has Irving been married more than once?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Irving's wedding was in 1978, so not that.

The Walden Woods benefit was 24 or 25 April 1990. At that time, Don said that once he'd finished his tour, he and Glenn would be getting together to write. The tour finished July 21st (according to setlist).

The Rolling Stone photo would obviously have to have been taken before the magazine went to print. If it's a monthly magazine, maybe two weeks before issue? That puts the yellow photo as roughly August 1990.
    Rolling Stone is fortnightly.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    That definitely looks like the head table at a wedding behind them. But, I don't get the vibe that it is either of their weddings. Agree with T&H that they are both too relaxed. Maybe a mutual friend's wedding, and Don was in the wedding party? He might be kneeling next to Glenn, like he popped by to say hi? 1990 time frame...do we think they were invited to each others weddings? I'm thinking no.

Someone above asked when was Irving's wedding?

We are such good detectives.
    Glenn & the other Eagles were at Don Henley's wedding in 1995. Glenn married Cindy in the 80s when he wasn't really communicating with the other Eagles.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I tried to mention it a day or so ago, but the tablet wasn't letting me. Glenn looks like he's wearing a boutonniere, and Don does not.

Yes, Glenn is smoking hot in that pic!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Here are some photos from their Asian tour in 2011. This was their first visit to Taiwan

Don really seemed to enjoy it. He didn't stop smiling
    This is the link to the press conference - it's really interesting 'cos it gives a good indication of just what they have to go through! There are three videos and are in order. The translations go on a bit but some of Don's answers made me laugh - talk about succinct and to the point

Glenn's faces are hilarious - he seems mesmerised by the interpretor.

http://www.cwntp.com/2011/02/blog-post_26.html

...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Thanks, DD, I remember seeing them right after they did the recording. Not sure if they were in the Press thread or a preconcert thread. It's good to watch them again. Smiling Don is my favorite Don.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It's been a while since I've seen that - can't believe that was five years ago!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten