Page 2 of 255 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Default Re: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Love that photo, but I'd also love to see it in the "Caption This!" thread. Joe's velvet football jersey-esque shirt intrigues me to no end.

very cool Austin...never hear of this Tony Dukes...is that the guitar Don is holding in that pic?...the one he used on HC and OOTN?...

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    very cool Austin...never hear of this Tony Dukes...is that the guitar Don is holding in that pic?...the one he used on HC and OOTN?...
    No, his HC/OOTN 'Burst is a bit more yellow/orangey and not so dark red. These were probably guitars they were checking out or buying. Looks like from the Long Run era is my guess. Don F bought his '59 right around the time of OTB/right before OOTN. Both Don F and Joe had many '59s, it's just that Felder had one that he really liked most and that's what was on those songs.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    No, his HC/OOTN 'Burst is a bit more yellow/orangey and not so dark red. These were probably guitars they were checking out or buying. Looks like from the Long Run era is my guess. Don F bought his '59 right around the time of OTB/right before OOTN. Both Don F and Joe had many '59s, it's just that Felder had one that he really liked most and that's what was on those songs.

wonder between all the guys, how many guitars they all have. Each one, I am sure, has a special purpose

Awesome picture WalshFan88! Those are some cool guitars too!

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    wonder between all the guys, how many guitars they all have. Each one, I am sure, has a special purpose
    I don't know but I bet its quite a lot. I think I remember DF saying he has around 300 guitars in his collection. Makes my 30 look like nothing. He said in an interview he's never sold a guitar he's ever bought, pretty cool. Walsh and Glenn it's hard to say... I know Glenn still has his 50s Les Paul Junior (Old Black) and his ES-330 (the caramel colored hollowbody guitar in pics and on TIE on the new concert DVD and on the How Long video) not sure. He has his old Telecaster as well. With Walsh, I'm not sure. I'm sure he has a few. His wife bought him a Fender Broadcaster a while back (seen on the Guitar World cover. And I think he also has a 50s Goldtop Les Paul with humbuckers. Not sure if he has any 'Bursts anymore. I'll always associate Joe with a Les Paul Sunburst, like Felder. Even though Joe played a lot of Stratocasters and Telecasters, I love his LP tone. Of course Joe has all of his stage guitars too, but I was referring to ones from back in the 70s.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Thanks! Huge fan of those two, and an equally huge fan of Sunburst Les Pauls.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Turf, I love your avi pic of Don F. Ridiculously good looking...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Noticed this morning that not only did I surpass the 11,000 post mark but I will also be celebrating my 5 year Borderversary on Sunday. Since I am sporadic at best on weekends, I thought I'd celebrate now.

Need to first say how glad I am that I found this forum. Not only did I finally find people that will listen to me go on and on about the Eagles without getting that dazed look in their eyes (yeah--that would be my oh so understanding husband) but I also have met several people here that I will always call friends. That's a win/win for sure!!

Now eye candy for the occasion.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Congratulations to you, TimothyBFan. Are the white things on Glenn's wrists for medical, fashion, or sweat-control purposes?