Page 226 of 255 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2541

Thread: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

Default Re: Celebration of Former Eagles Hotness

[quote=Freypower;368755]
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post

I have never heard of Glenn ever playing pedal steel. Not once.
    I haven’t either but I assume that he knows the basics of it and would know what to do. The skill wouldn’t be there but he’s very knowledable

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of Eagles Hotness

There seems to be a glitch in the quoting mechanism, so YEF, sadly we now have to refer to him in past tense, and I don't make such assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    There seems to be a glitch in the quoting mechanism, so YEF, sadly we now have to refer to him in past tense, and I don't make such assumptions.
    I guess that is fair. I would deduct he could but you’re right I can’t claim to know that

@YEF -- It's not at all unreasonable to think a gifted musician like Glenn, having seen and been around pedal steel players, could at least pick out a tune on the instrument. Even if none of us ever heard of him doing it, it's a fair likelihood he noodled around on it in the studio, but since he didn't play it on an album or in concert, we just don't know about it. Musicians tend to mess around with whatever instruments are in the room. Joe would love to play mandolin, for instance, but says his hands are just too big for the instrument. But I'm sure he'd be able to play it with some proficiency fairly quickly, otherwise.
    That's the amazing gift of the really good musicians: they can pick up most instruments and play them with some knowledge right off the bat. Probably not like those who've played the instrument for years, but you'd recognize what they were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @YEF -- It's not at all unreasonable to think a gifted musician like Glenn, having seen and been around pedal steel players, could at least pick out a tune on the instrument. Even if none of us ever heard of him doing it, it's a fair likelihood he noodled around on it in the studio, but since he didn't play it on an album or in concert, we just don't know about it. Musicians tend to mess around with whatever instruments are in the room. Joe would love to play mandolin, for instance, but says his hands are just too big for the instrument. But I'm sure he'd be able to play it with some proficiency fairly quickly, otherwise.
    That's the amazing gift of the really good musicians: they can pick up most instruments and play them with some knowledge right off the bat. Probably not like those who've played the instrument for years, but you'd recognize what they were playing.
    I think that if you know guitar and piano you can translate that knowledge to a lot of instruments. I know he played bass and he also dabbled in saxophone. I wonder what else he could play decently.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I think that if you know guitar and piano you can translate that knowledge to a lot of instruments. I know he played bass and he also dabbled in saxophone. I wonder what else he could play decently.
    He played something like trombone in his HS marching band and I saw on the back of one of his solo albums he played drums. Just a guess, but JD was a drummer before he learned to play guitar. Maybe he taught him to play the drums. I read somewhere( I can't remember where) that he played six instruments.

Here's a photo I've never seen before of the "Long Run" era band.

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Great photo - I have never seen it before either. Thanks for posting.

Nice!

I love that picture! Thanks for finding and posting it.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."